Discussion: He’s Always Known: Trump Was Told In Jan 2017 That Putin Was Behind Attacks

I think there are at least 4 separate cases for impeachment that aren’t connected to crimes identified by Mueller.

3 Likes

It puts a new spin on his efforts to destroy the trust in the IC and paint any news as fake. Nuanced maybe, but it changes my view of his intentions and what he was consciously doing in the time line.

1 Like

When does Summer Zervos get to depose pp?

Just curious, what d’ya got? (I figure emoluments is a no-brainer, and I reckon I could come up with a few more of my own if I thought about it, but I like and respect your analyses on here so I’m interested to know what you think.)

Kavanaugh is the end run around that. Congress protects Mueller. SC declares Special Counsel unconstitutional.

khyber900, your explanation for why we are where we are is as good as any I’ve read. I’ve always thought the pee tape probably exists but doesn’t matter beyond titillation. Trump has no shame and his supporters dismiss inconvenient facts, so the tape would hold little power over him.

Is it too soon to speculate that the ‘trail of dead Russian diplomats’ (https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/24/europe/dead-russians/index.html) might have links back to Trump’s meeting?

See: Scooter Libby.

I think it’s metastasized. The entire Republican party is all part of the same monstrous tumor. Per the Axios poll, 79% of them still approve of trump’s treason. My fear is that Americans cannot accept the prognosis.

Oh, we know the answer to that one. Everything they’ve been told on the propaganda channel.

Tax cuts.
No more abortion.
NoKo denuclearized.
Sex traffic rings broken up.
Bad brown people thrown in prison and deported.
Libs crying.

What’s not to like?

It’s the snowball effect. Corruption and a building whiff of treason. He won’t be having anymore reprieves. For now until the end it will be an escalating case of guilty acts proven by more guilty acts. His enablers are going to start being indicted or so afraid of it they will cease to be his cover. Things are not looking good for the man-baby. His worst nightmare is coming true, the whole world is laughing at him.

2 Likes

There’s a lot of appeal to that,viewed through a domestic policy lens. But it still leaves him able to start a war, especially a nuclear one, and privy to the most sensitive intelligence our country produces. His behavior over the past 18 months is less that of an unwitting stooge, and more that of an agent of a foreign power. Leaving him in place effectively gives Putin the ability to direct the US military and IC.

As long as it delivers the judicial branch for the next 25 years, most die hard R’s including the evangelicals would give a poodle a 79% approval rating.

Not saying I support leaving him in. Just think that it’s a possible scenario. I will be happy to be at that point where that discussion can be had. We have a lot more indictments to get through and an election to win.

2 Likes

Very true! And if you say that’s how corrupt regimes usually fall, then it’s a possibility to consider, even (especially?) if it has major drawbacks

Really? That is a huge dip, he was at 90+% as of last week. At least that is what they are always quoting. So I don’t see that as good news for Trump.

Okay, it’s been 8 hours, so here’s the Trumpworld rewrite:

Contractions are spiffy and un dependable in Trump’s world.

See you again in another 8 hours…

1 Like

Well, considering that:

“As of October 2017, Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrat, 24% identified as Republican, and 42% as Independent.” *

That means that roughly 19% of those stating a preference are in Donnie’s camp (absent whatever small and shrinking percentage of Dems and Independents that would actually support him, traditionally these are very small numbers, and certainly falling as I type).

So, as @tena frequently points out - we outnumber them, and we’re mad as hell and aren’t going to take it any more. History (and momentum) are now on our side…

* Source:

This was validated when James Comey told us that Trump’s only concern re. the dossier/tape was proving to Melania that the tape didn’t exist. Not that you can ever prove something doesn’t exist, but…

“I see, I see,” said the blind man with the turd in his eye.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available