Discussion: Heyer's Mother Won't Speak To Trump, 'After What He Said About My Child'

2 Likes

Good for her. She doesn’t need to be bothered by Trump. She doesn’t want to have anything to do with him or his racism. Her daughter stood for equality and Trump does not.

42 Likes

I think your refusal magnifies mightily.

36 Likes

They are going to have to duck tape Trump’s fingers to his thumbs and lace his burgers with thorazine to keep him from rage-tweeting about this woman if he hears about this on the Idiot Whisperer Show.

38 Likes

This is the way to do it. Don’t give Rump or his regime ANY sort of respect or gravitas when they don’t deserve it. She honors her daughter by refusing to be used by the regime as a prop.

42 Likes

I immediately recall the grotesque, drawn-out applause at the SotU for the Navy SEAL’s widow.

17 Likes

She’s the kind of woman who gives me hope that we may emerge from our current nightmare with our values undiminished.

26 Likes

Also, tRump made a comment that the counter-protestors didn’t have a permit. I read in fact they did for a different location which coincidentally or ironically was right near the place where Heather Heyer was killed and so many others were injured by that nazi nutjob with his car. So tRump can’t even get those facts straight…and even if he was informed of the truth, I seriously doubt he would speak the truth. Lying comes so much easier for him…

30 Likes

I suspect they will put a staff woman on the phone with Trump and tell him it was Mrs. Bro.

4 Likes

Mom has four aces, Donnie, just fold now and cut your losses.

16 Likes

Seems like a lady smart enough to know the level of trolling this will provoke, and strong enough to go through with saying it anyway. I admire people like this, who take horrible tragedy and turn it into something meaningful - so much of what humanity has been able to accomplish depends upon people like her.

40 Likes

He called DURING HER DAUGHTER’S FUNERAL. Is there anything that this man touches that doesn’t turn into a raging dumpster fire of incompetence and malice?

43 Likes

Sure didn’t like the sound of his tweet this morning:

Radical Islamic terrorism must be stopped by any means necessary. The courts must give us back our protective rights. We must be tough.

He and his administration and his white supremacist followers must be stopped. They’re a much bigger danger to us and this country and this world.

13 Likes

John Kelly calls from the next room, speaking over his larynx.

He called DURING HER DAUGHTER’S FUNERAL

As usual, terrible staff work. They routinely misspell their public statements, they arrange photo ops that make you cringe, they can’t seem to get salient details into his head, and now nobody thought to figure out when the service for Heather was being held.

Just imagine what it’s like to work there if you have two neurons to rub together. Surrounded at all times by evil idiots & struggling to tell yourself it’s worth it.

15 Likes

Just saw on the news that Susan Bro is now getting death threats from Donald’s Base. Sick, Sick, Sick people.

20 Likes

I believe she is making the right decision for the right reason. I have seen several interviews with her and I am in awe of her strength and resolve. I wish her well.

18 Likes

Susan Bro is a nice reminder that deeply held, fundamental human decency isn’t nearly as uncommon as the current administration leads us to believe.

21 Likes

For Trump, everything is a transaction. He wants to meet Heyer’s mother for selfish PR purposes, not for empathy. Grotesque!

10 Likes

Thank you Susan Bro!

Trump is unworthy to have the honor speak to you about your lovely daughter, Heather!

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available