Discussion: Heyer's Mother Won't Speak To Trump, 'After What He Said About My Child'

Or he expected to be put on speaker phone during the memorial as a “special guest star”. Like he shows up for weddings at his clubs, as a “surprise” guest.

“Mrs. Bro. It’s me the President. How are y’all doing? I wanted to call in and tell you I am so sad for your loss of your daughter. We’re going to make America so great, her death won’t be in vain.”

11 Likes

And in the midst of the chaos, that he has responsibility for catalyzing, he has the temerity to lie about something as banal as the size of his vineyard in Charlottesville. I can’t think of anyone I have ever experienced with a more severe case of narcissistic personality disorder.

8 Likes

Ma’am, my condolences on the loss of your daughter – and thank you for standing firm on what she died for. Hair Furor can, and more importantly, will do nothing to give your daughter’s death meaning or value. Don’t give him cover.

6 Likes

I’m shocked Bro doesn’t want to hear about Trump’s golf game and fake news victimization from the Dabbler in Chief. Shocked. She should take his call and tell him how she feels with cameras rolling.

3 Likes

Every time I see or hear Susan Bro my already high esteem for her grows. Such strength, grace and wisdom. I have no doubt that donnie will be inspired to tweet crap at her, but she is too strong and in the right to be touched by his perversity.

She joins the ranks of such honored people as Khizr and Ghazala Khan who stood for their principles and took on the orange menace while suffering great loss and grief.

9 Likes

This is embarrassing for Trump on a massive scale, IMO.

3 Likes

Susan Bro is the best of what America is. She should not have been made to suffer this loss.

3 Likes

Or C) he expected that the funeral would pause so that he would become the center of attention.

7 Likes

Wow…just wow.

3 Likes

Didn’t Unpresident Trump claim during his disastrous news conference that he spoke with her and she thanked him for his statements? In other words, he just lied out of his rectum as he is wont to do?

Edit: Well, I guess his claim was that she wrote to him, but I’m not sure whether or not that’s true either.

“In fact, the young woman, who I hear is a fantastic young woman, and it was on NBC, her mother wrote me and said through, I guess Twitter, social media, the nicest things. And I very much appreciated that. I hear she was a fine, really actually an incredible, young woman. But her mother on Twitter thanked me for what I said.”
http://www.npr.org/2017/08/15/543769884/transcript-trump-shifts-tone-again-on-white-nationalist-rally-in-charlottesville

3 Likes

I really don’t think PP is that imaginative to have even come up with that idea. And I really, really don’t think he’d have called her directly now that I think about it. No, he’d have had his people put in a call to her and then gotten on the line. I’m pretty convinced he called her during the funeral because he knew she wouldn’t answer.

5 Likes

Man, I love this woman.

4 Likes

Nah, he’s an expert in being an attention grabbing asshole. That’s exactly the thing he would think of, IMO.

5 Likes

“And we will drink a toast to her at my winery in Charlottesville…one of the largest in America. Trump is going to Make America Grape Again.”

2 Likes

I’m about the least religious person you’ll ever come across, and I still feel compelled to say:
God bless this woman.

4 Likes

I agree. When he described talking to Heather’s mom in an earlier press conference, every reference to her was framed in terms of how she thanked him, how much she appreciated him, how he said he comforted her by his call. It was all about him. Every reference to her about her daughter’s death was about appreciating what he had to say. The man can’t get out of his own way to focus on anyone or anything that doesn’t put him as the center of attention.

7 Likes

“Mr. President*, Keep my daughter’s name out of your mouth”

2 Likes

I don’t blame her one bit for her saying this. In fact, I am astounded by her strength and composure. If this had be my kid I would be in such dispare and rage I would be saying things that would get me censored on air (or worse).

3 Likes

It’s a coin flip. If she was brown and/or Muslim, say like the Kahn family, Trump would call a press conference to attack her.

2 Likes

Yes, but she is plump, and Trump cannot resist attacking people based on physical appearance.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available