Discussion: Heyer's Mother Won't Speak To Trump, 'After What He Said About My Child'

I had this same question. There is a quote in the NYT and elsewhere of Susan Bro thanking him for his “words of comfort and for denouncing those who promote violence and hatred” This came on Monday, after Trump read his scripted denunciation at the urging of his staff, and before the sicko president ripped that to shreds on Tuesday. It was a public statement too, and not a direct remark made to the sicko president. It is a credit to her that she was willing to say this for the sake of healing and that she held no grudge against Trump. Then he transgressed too far and violated her good will. I hate this man, if he is even a man.

7 Likes

And they wonder why they are labeled as hate groups. SMH

1 Like

I’ve been re-reading the eulogy President Obama delivered in Charleston, and I’m reminded for the millionth time how much we lost when he left office.

7 Likes

Our chant should be “You will not debase us.” Refuse to exacerbate the hatred and violence of the Nazis and supremacists.

2 Likes

Good for you, Susan Bro! I mean that. Now, rub salt into the wounded ego of Donald by appearing on camera talking to Barack and/or Joe.

1 Like

Calling Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, this is what courage looks like.

1 Like

I’ll never forget that moment. Watched it live. So moving. I could cry remembering it for the emotions it raised at the time AND for the current feeling of loss this nation suffered when this truly great man and his family left the White House.

The highest office in the land has been dashed to the gutter and trod on by trump and his minions.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t either, if I were you.

1 Like

Good for you Susan!
You go girl!

You have an avatar! Who kidnapped the old Tena??

2 Likes

I’m sure others have said something similar. I haven’t had a chance to read thread yet.

This woman has infinite more moral authority through love and sacrifice than the current occupant of our country’s highest office.

2 Likes

Somebody who figured out how to get an avatar to post finally.

hahahahah

I don’t recognize my own comments with this avatar on them. It’s Taos Pueblo.

2 Likes

Here’s where I was last week.
Khiva, Uzbekistan.

2 Likes

You know, they’ll send you one of their girls without traveling all the way there to retrieve her, right?

Girls? ha ha ha:)

The food there was tasty, but absolutely the greasiest food I’ve ever eaten. It’s not just using fatty meat, because in fact there isn’t a lot of meat, compared to the American diet. They put huge amounts of oil on everything. I was told it’s sunflower oil, but probably also safflower oil, which is in common use in Kazakhstan.

Pixelated tena was more mysterious.

1 Like

It’s too hard to train one when they are adults.

1 Like

Whoa - that’s an awesome picture.

1 Like

Now I’m just plain ol.

I have some more on my phone. That isn’t my own, but after I transfer to my laptop I’ll post some more.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available