Discussion: Heyer's Mother Won't Speak To Trump, 'After What He Said About My Child'

O do - it’s a part of the world that I don’t think it’s wrong to say very few of us will likely ever see.

Trump rode that like a lawn mower and put it away wet. Just disgusting.

1 Like

Not only did the counter-protesters have an all-day permit for Saturday for that location, but the Nazis’ permit for Saturday was REVOKED after the tiki torch violence Friday night. The Nazis had no permit for Saturday.

So, for those keeping count, that was TWO trumpian lies.

3 Likes

She’s already getting death threats.

Frank Bruni always finds the right tone in talking about 45, and today he says 45 abandoned the presidency a long time ago

He abdicated his responsibilities so thoroughly and recklessly that it amounted to a letter of resignation. Then he whored for his Virginia winery on the way out the door.

1 Like

Didn’t Trump say this women sent him a letter or something praising him for his remarks? Someone should call him out for such a despicable lie if my memory is correct.

Thanks. I did not know the boogers had their permit pulled, but it makes perfect sense that they should have.

It was really striking and moving to see this land, which was occupied for 2500 years by civilizations most of us have never heard of.
Khorezm was a prosperous land whose capital (recalling from memory) had more than 1 million people, 800 years ago.
The ruins which I saw on on a very large scale.
I’m including surrealist paintings, “Good vs. Evil” and “The Wise man”, by an Uzbek surrealist, from a museum, as well as a photo of ruins.

4 Likes

Wow - thanks.

1 Like

You sent me to the Google machine again, and I see the history of Taos Pueblo.
Very fine and respectful, at last. A landmark of another kind is Julia Roberts who probably stays in hiding on her ranch.

‘Very fine people’ do not go palling around with neo-nazis and white supremacists…

I don’t think she is spending much time on her ranch in Arroyo Seco. You used to see her around particularly on Saturdays she’d come to town for the Farmer’s Market. Nobody has seen her in ages.

Nobody has seen her contiguous neighbor in ages either - Donald Rumsfeld.

Lauren Hutton also has property up in Seco.

Julia can hang in Malibu and New York City, It’s hard to keep track.

I think they all left when the kids got school age. There are no good alternatives here.

O and just to top off the celebrity convo = Julia was very popular here and in Santa Fe when she was around. Everybody loved her - said she was very down to earth.

Same things they said Gene Hackman when he was in Santa Fe. We don’t have as many celebs around northern New Mexico as we once did.

thank god.

1 Like

Of course a man who has no morals wouldn’t do that, because he can’t.

Compare Trump the fire-breathing Gatling gun of insults to the Trump giving a scripted speech he could barely read.

The speech was like a Trump contract. Carefully chosen words that leave an immense wiggle room to deny or lie.

When the speech looks formal, it’s a ruse to trap and fool losers. i.e. moral people.

1 Like

I’m not worried so much by his rage-tweets as I am by the death threats she is surely getting from his goon squads.

3 Likes

Gonna be interesting for sure. Remember that there were family members of people killed by terrorists or in war who blamed Obama and issued similar statements, and he continued to treat them with respect. Somehow I doubt Trump will do that, unless Kelly can keep his phone away.

1 Like

Chiselin’ Trump is so fucked up emotionally (and in several other ways, too) that, after his father died, he turned his father’s wake into a sales pitch! Now that’s what I call “The Art of the Heel.”

Here’s an excerpt from the linked NYT article:

At Fred Trump’s wake, at the Frank E. Campbell funeral home, his son stepped forward to address the political, real estate and society power brokers in the crowd. One attendee recalled Mr. Trump’s unorthodox ode to his father, which Mr. Trump confirmed.

“My father taught me everything I know. And he would understand what I’m about to say,” Mr. Trump announced to the room. “I’m developing a great building on Riverside Boulevard called Trump Place. It’s a wonderful project.”

2 Likes

Bro said she hadn’t seen Trump’s statements until Thursday night, “and I’m not talking to the President now.”

No kidding. That is really sick, and except for the fact that his entire staff and everyone else around him are totally incompetent, so maybe they didn’t plan it that way, it seems completely intentional. What an asshole.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available