Discussion: House Dem: Plot To Oust Broadcast Board CEO 'Our Worst Nightmare'

It’s not like this board controls the press. It just controls the U.S. government’s official foreign propaganda organs. It’s really, bad and it’s yet another direct assault on American credibility abroad by people who think like Nazis, but I stand by my comment–it’s far from the “worst” nightmare I have these days.

2 Likes

Ah, we’ve got a semantics issue.

Im talking about freedom free, not money free.

Dictators don’t destroy a democracy by upping the price of advertising in the media, or by buying a bunch of ads.

They destroy it by replacing the free (freedom free) press with a propaganda machine. In Russia, Putin has his critics in the press murdered, so everyone else is afraid to be honest. Its a sham democracy, they just held a sham election, and he’s a real dictator. They do NOT have a free press who will say any of this because Putin destroyed it.

This has nothung to do with money. It had to do protecting the press from governmental control.

Which is what this article is about.

Not sure that your comparison is wholly persuasive, since there’s no way to know what Trump spent per vote unless we get an independent audit of Kremlin expenditures, direct and through friendly oligarchs. Not holding my breath.

No, this article is about protecting this particular arm of the press from partisan political control. it is already under government control. but is presently set up to be under non-partisan government control.

The Board served as a “firewall” against political interference in the journalistic product.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcasting_Board_of_Governors

Oh.
So now you are off the money thing and into the semantics about the government control thing.
Nice try.
No wonder no one else on these boards is dealing with you.
Goodbye.

Non partisan is a FREE PRESS.
If you censure the press in ANY WAY it is not a FREE PRESS
Actually, Im thinking you are a waste of my time.

According to the recording he left, there was nothing political in these acts. Agreed he “fits the description” but in this case it looks like not.

+1000. I’ve already seen far too many people profess to “miss” GWB. No fucking way.

We need to kill in its tracks that the exponentially-increasing awfulness of the GOP makes the preceding awfulness seem “good”.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available