Discussion: Judge Appears Ready To Release Manafort From House Arrest

3 Likes

Let’s start a pool: How long before the FBI cuffs him as he tries to flee the country?

13 Likes

They’ll let him go. Then he gets the black bag over the head on some far-away tarmac or dock (more likely).

9 Likes

“…$10 million in bail…”

How much is that in rubles?

11 Likes

Have a nice trip, Paulie…

6 Likes

They wouldn’t be letting go if he hadn’t already sung. He’ll need bodyguards not only to protect him from the gators, but from the revenge-driven cabal he’s been a member of.

8 Likes

Remember, kids. Money means the rules don’t really apply to you.

I don’t know why people like Trump, who have lived their entire lives with ridiculous wealth, feel that the laws don’t apply to them. I just can’t figure it out.

9 Likes

PS You simply have to see the documentary, “Get Me Roger Stone.” Manafort is an important interviewee and the movie shows a lot about their playbook and their rationalizations.

2 Likes

“…Bail guarantors — his wife and his daughter.”?

Manafort couldn’t pony up the money but his wife and daughter can.
Where’d they get the moolah?

3 Likes

I’m puzzled by this. Manafort appears to be a very high flight risk. Keeping him under home arrest seems like a prudent, and frankly generous, decision as opposed to putting him in a jail cell while awaiting trial.

What am I missing?

14 Likes

Now he’s free to roam, and the FBI is free to follow him galore as he makes his rounds. It is not going to be fun for him or any of the places or people he visits. I rather like it.

7 Likes

No doubt the profit magins of the local gambling shacks have plummeted

They wrung him out. He flipped on everybody–most immediately, Jared.

3 Likes

So he’s going to be restricted to South Florida?

Not sure that’s much of an upgrade.

3 Likes

True, but he can see Cuba from his house.

4 Likes

I’m hoping for Poloniun Flu.

3 Likes

Manafort’s attorneys had initially asked that he be allowed to travel freely between Florida, the D.C. area and New York, citing his need to earn a living.

Can’t he just continue destroying Western democracy over the internet like everybody else?

Rumors floating around say Jared will be taken down tomorrow. Let’s hope so.

6 Likes

Judge Appears Ready To Release Manafort From House Arrest

Well, then, I suggest that we have the Senate arrest him.

3 Likes

No, I think you mean Ukrainian hryvnia. Out of house arrest and into the welcoming arms of Neo Nazi Ukrainian Fascist he’ll go…

1 Like

I feel like you answered your own question. They think the rules don’t apply to them because they’ve lived their entire lives with ridiculous wealth, which effectively exempts them from many rules and limitations that “normal” people deal with. Wealth is almost directly equivalent to freedom in the US. The more you got, the more you get to do.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available