Discussion: Judge Orders Russian Mariia Butina Detained Until Criminal Trial

The notion that there would be an NRA in Russia is completely unbelievable in a lawless country run by an authoritarian and liar. The complete absence of this fact from the USA NRA even thinking the Russians would send someone to explore the possibility-- having a video of J. Bolton to the Russian people is ridiculous. Only the R’s would not question the resolve of a former KGB aggressor, running their corrupt country, a known US nemesis, speaks volumes to the lack of patriotism, ethics in the Republican Party and its leadership.

They put party before country. I wish they would live in Russia 2 months if they could last that long in a cold, sterile, grey society. The idiots would not last without the comforts we enjoy here in the West.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s very nice in Russia if you’re part of the ruling class. And they, of course, assume that they and theirs would be in that ruling class.

2 Likes

I think it’s clear the latter must be true, regardless of the former. He’s constantly hugging himself these days. That qualifies as “grabbing” in my book.

2 Likes

Driscoll told the court that she had been contacted by the Senate Intelligence Committee in the fall of 2017 and testified before the committee for eight hours in April behind closed doors.

Huh. That’s news.

Folks, I suggest you could do worse than keep your eyes on Richard Burr and, to a lesser extent, Tom Tillis these next few weeks. Burr is an expert at keeping a low profile, emerging from obscurity during election year to say whatever, and I mean whatever, he needs to say to win, and then dropping back below the radar. The comparative lack of dissent or signs of anger or dissatisfaction from the Democratic members of the SIC speaks volumes, as do his periodic descents from the mountain to issue a statement about the investigation, none of which have ever been exculpatory of Trump.

I am not a fan. He’s only “moderate for 2018,” not a real moderate. He was actually more rhetorically moderate when he was my representative, before he was succeeded by Virginia Acid Spewing Evil Old Hellbat Foxx, than he’s been as a Senator, most of the time. But if any Republican is going to find it within himself to put country over party, it’s going to be Burr.

Burr, who, announced in July, 2016 while he was campaigning for his third term, that he would not be running again in 2022. And, ever since he got his ass lit up early on after publicly casting doubt on the whole Turmp-Russia thing, Tillis seems to have followed his lead.

13 Likes

This is very perceptive. I am sure he usually drinks like a fish. Going thru withdrawal. Bless his heart.

1 Like

Where’s George Smiley when we need him?

3 Likes

OT, but more hopeful news is that this latest revelation about Trump considering the possibility of Russia interviewing people about Bill Browder, including Michael McFaul, has people’s hair on fire. There just might be an interview of the translator because of the growing alarm about what else occurred in that private meeting.

11 Likes

Molodets!

1 Like

The collusion is of two bodies with an odor of musk. Red Sparrow in the flesh.

NY Times says she used sex to recruit. Called a “honey trap” in spy lingo. Get yourself secretly videoed while she services you. Then voila! kompromat!

And there may be more sparrows on the loose. No such thing as free pu**y.

9 Likes

Trump Interview with CBS (Jeff Glor)

According to Dale, Jeff Glor is not asking tough questions and Trump is being Trump.

7 Likes

Strzok is our Smiley and evidently just as competent.
If I find a genie in a bottle I’ll ask to be put working for Strzok as a younger man.

9 Likes

Jeremy Bash on MSNBC said something like this, “Any 50-year old man who has a 20-something female romantically interested in him has to wonder about her motives. It’s unlikely to be his captivating sex appeal.”

15 Likes

How old is George Clooney? :grin:

ETA, that guy is no George Clooney.

5 Likes

If you noitice how he often holds his hands,

This is the universal sign of the vagina

2 Likes

“…offering the goods while speaking in a Russian accent…”

The real deal would not have a Russian accent which is not to suggest you would – shall we say – take the bait, but over the years stories of US servicemen falling into a honey trap are legion. Even if one slept during the lecture about this trap, one should have enough sense to be wary, but loneliness and libido make men do strange things.

3 Likes

I read the charging document, and have not seen any indication that that is NOT Mueller’s work. see https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1080766/download All it says is that the agent is from the Counterintelligence Division, yet it is these same folks who have been working with Mueller. Some media has said it was separate, but i’ve not seen any basis for these statements.

Given Mueller’s mandate, it would really surprise me if there was a totally SEPARATE investigation going on of Russian Influence Operations (re the NRA) that was not connected with Mueller’s office.

Rosenstein and Mueller are being very careful not to put a target on Mueller’s back (which is e.g. why the Cohen investigation was turned over to the USA-SD NY) and my strong guess is that this came directly out of Mueller’s work, but they had the USA-DC do the actual indictment both for political reasons, but also as it avoids any issues with Mueller’s mandate (issues Manifort has raised unsuccessfully, but are avoided by having the USA do the indictment).

Given the salacious allegations in the complaint including "Butina also offered an individual other than U.S. Person 1 [ugly old republican troll Paul Erikson] sex in exchange for a position within a special interest organization” I see some good reason to keep Mueller’s fingerprints off this…

12 Likes

Wow! I’m speechless! The hairstyle was also eerily similar.

2 Likes

Hmmmm—yes—that’s it—strange things.

Geeze, his face.

He looks like death.

2 Likes

He sits holding his hands in that position often! Could it be that he’s got p***y on the brain that often?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available