Discussion: KKK Hoods, Nazi Salutes: Magazine Covers Take On Trump, Charlottesville

The last time I saw a “death spiral” like Trump’s, I was 12 years old and playing with a Spirograph!

9 Likes

My daughters don’t have a Twitter account, but they do just fine elsewhere.

1 Like

Yeah from now on I’ll just post [eyeroll] when that shit starts.

4 Likes

Yeah, but the cartoons gotta sting.

7 Likes

Then they will go down along with him. I still think they will shed him and not in the far future just for the sake of expediency.

2 Likes

Hope the Senate Democrats publicly state, from day one, that as a place holder such a President is ineligible from making any federal court appointments.

McTurtle’s treachery may soon come back to bite him on the ass.

14 Likes

I think we all know that the repubs are getting fidgety because the unreachable base 30% threshold is fast approaching. That would be critical-minimum moment, from which trump won’t recover. I won’t get too excited until I start start hearing the term “25th” a lot from them.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, unfortunately, pay attention to what they’re trying to do under the radar.

5 Likes

Brilliant! Sounds like a bar Sammy Haggar would open in Tahiti.

2 Likes

735K.

Keep it coming.

1 Like
15 Likes

Because with him in place they might get organized enough to put some legislation through.

1 Like

Yep. Consider that for a long time everyone was arguing over the ACA among many things. Last week we were worried about Nuclear War.

4 Likes

O like an Obamacare replacement?

In the first place, we’re taking Congress back next year. In the 2d place I guess you missed the part where I said he would not be elected, he would be a place holder. There is no place holder agenda.

3 Likes

One would hope not, but you might be surprised. Trump’s antics have sabotaged them at any number of points this year.

Exactly. Now is not the time to relax.

2 Likes

Why am I not surprised that Heather Heyer’s mother has received death threats. I hope she continues to ignore Trump.

14 Likes

Way O.T., but The Guardian published an article about Sinclair Broadcasting. You know, the wildly right wing propaganda network that’s acquiring local radio and TV stations. Buried in the article was this little nugget about it’s CEO, David Smith.

In 1996, David Smith was arrested on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute who performed what the police called “unnatural and perverted sex on him” in a Mercedes owned by Sinclair. More disturbing to critics than the misdemeanor sex offense, though, was the unusual way he got out of doing the court-ordered community service that resulted from his plea bargain in the case: by having his broadcasting company do what amounted to publicity hits for local drug counseling programs, packaged as news.

LuAnne Canipe, a former reporter for Sinclair, said the incident was also indicative of a broader culture of office sexism. “Let’s just say the arrest of the CEO was part of a sexual atmosphere that trickled down to different levels in the company,” said Canipe, who left Sinclair in 1998. “There was an improper work environment. I think that because of what he did, there was a feeling that everything was fair game.”

Conservative men and sexual dominance behavior seems epidemic.

12 Likes

“New York” in the title may be enough to get him looking at the cover.

1 Like

Ugh. They can’t hurt her without hurting themselves worse. But what a thing to have to bear on top of losing her daughter!

I’m glad she’s resisting Trump’s attempts to manipulate her.

10 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available