Discussion: KKK Hoods, Nazi Salutes: Magazine Covers Take On Trump, Charlottesville

First of all, any Republican in power is not going to be coerced or persuaded to refrain from destroying everything that is great about this country. Once Pence is established in the Oval Office, he’ll use his power to damage this nation much faster than T rump could even dream of doing.

Secondly, Pence is likely going to jail along with T rump, so we won’t have to worry about what i said first of all. He’s also in the Criminal Trump Enterprise waaaaay over his head, and Mueller is going to charge him along with everyone else in this regime.

Yep. Honnestly, I’m more concearned about Mueller having the goods on McConnel and Ryan. Based on their behavior during the campaign I think they are in just as deep and they can’t be allowed to slip under the radar in the hullabaloo that is set off when Trump is indicted.

2 Likes

Look, I hate having Trump in office because he shames America, but what has he done other than that?

How has he destroyed the country that is actually still here? And what do you think Pence is going to do?

Last - were you alive for Ford’s presidency?

4 Likes

So do we get Orrin Hatch? That would be fine if he can stay alive until the next election.

5 Likes

We’ll never hear that term from them. If they make the decision to go that route (which I highly doubt) the only way for it to succeed is the just do it, not discuss it or give advance warning.

I am as certain that the R’s won’t do anything to remove Tramp from office as I was certain that he would never win* last November. If I had to be wrong once, let me be wrong twice.

*Tramp’s so-called “win” will always have an asterisk next to it for me.

2 Likes

Last question first, yes. I remember Nixon’s resignation announcment on the tele.

First question 2nd. I agree with you that T rump hasn’t done much, except for enable the rise of the Alt-Right, white nationalism and Neo-Nazis to national prominence and discussion on a daily basis. THAT is damage enough for me.

As for Pence, he will (if enabled) destroy the middle and lower classes within the nation for the exclusive benefit of the Criminal Class at the top of the economic food chain. And advocate for Christianity in public schools. And advocate for the overturning of Roe v Wade. And advocate for the reversal of Brown v Board. And decimate health care. And decimate ALL environmental protections. And purge millions of people from each and every state’s voter rolls. And place a white nationalist onto the SCOTUS. And…need i go on? T rump is on a mission to promote himself. Pence is on a mission to destroy everything that makes America worth living in.

I don’t know. Who is the next oldest senator up for the gig if he can’t?

Ryan and McConnell are also on Russia’s payroll.

3 Likes

You should check out a biography of Audrey Hepburn. Her childhood story in Poland at that time is very intense too.

2 Likes

The President Pro Tempore can be any member of the Senate. Tradition, since 1890, is that the senior senator (tenure, not age) of the majority party is elected to the role.

4 Likes

Yikes! That’s a rebuke from the country of the Leader of the Free World’s. That’ll leave a mark.

1 Like

Oh shoot, I remembered that it had something to do with longevity, but brain farted the details. Thanks.

1 Like

…and if you want a real scare, look who would follow if Hatch were out of the picture.

Cochran (Mississippi)
Grassley (Iowa)
McConnell (Kentucky)
Shelby (Alabama)
McCain (Arizona)
Inhofe (Oklahoma)

3 Likes

Oh ick, I was hoping there were some Democrats in the mix.

1 Like

“He may be a racist, misogynistic son of a whore, but he’s too important to their movement for them to hold him too accountable.”

Very possible. And, he’s doing the “useful idiot” so well for the Fake GOP Establishment.

There are, but only if Democrats take control. Then it would be Leahy, Feinstein, Patty Murray, Wyden, Durbin, …

4 Likes

Oh duh, because the pro temp is always from the majority party. Gah, I think agreeing with Bannon on there not being a viable millitary response to North Korea has fried my brain.

4 Likes

Mine has been fried since that motherfucking motherfucker Ted Cruz said something I had to nod in agreement to. Damn him.

2 Likes

Six names of horror, one face for each.

3 Likes

I agree with you on the potential devastation that could result from a Pence presidency. That’s why I pray every night (and I’m not religious) that Mueller has enough on him to bring him down.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available