Discussion: Lawyers For Stormy Daniels And Michael Cohen Battle On CNN (VIDEO)

Look, I believe Daniels and all that, but just let me observe that I think Dump’s fascination with her breasts has something to do with his loveless mother.

There is a very small portion of me sympathetic to the little boy who was so damaged by his parents.

2 Likes

Gasp, reminds me of the sleeping with fishes story.
Guess who the fish is on this one?
No contest

Well, I hope that the jùdge in this case is neither “jowly” nor “weak chinned”. Surely, we can do better than this.

1 Like

For them to go forward to enforce the NDA, Trump basically has to admit to the affair. There is no other way around that, from where I am sitting.

Either that, or they have to argue that Trump routinely pays everyone he meets $130K and puts them under NDA. Which, while it WOULD help explain how he has gone bankrupt so many times, its not even remotely plausible.

Then, once Trump admits the affair…AND they try to enforce the NDA, it all comes back to, where did the $130K come from? I.E. Money Laundering and campaign finance fraud.

And given that Mueller is currently investigating him and his entourage on such charges, that is an incredibly stupid path to go down for Trump right now.

9 Likes

Yeah, and I’ve asked this question before and haven’t found any answers. Why did a Texas notary get involved in this, and why did she fail to do even the basic requirements of her job? Did someone slip her a couple of hundred bucks and tell her it was to protect Dump?

1 Like

Its going to be a 7 or 8 figure number. Because its not just the book deal, its the TV appearances, the increase in movie sales, etc. I don’t disagree with you, that she has a number. But its a hell of a lot bigger than $130,000 now.

And the Stormy issue is already getting bigger.

Karen McDougal is now going down that same path.

If Bannon was even remotely correct with his “100 women were paid off” comment, this is only beginning. And the more there are, the more likely it is that one of them is going to let the incriminating evidence loose on the internet.

5 Likes

I’m wondering if this is the moment when donny no-hands finally jumped the shark for more of his supporters. He lost a bunch of them with his “there were fine people on both sides” remarks after Charlottesville. Or will they just continue to be completely oblivious? You have to wonder about their tolerance for chaos.

2 Likes

Very true. It creates another problem for Trump, of course. As was revealed multiple times during the primaries and general election, Trump may be nominally rich but is relatively cash-poor. A 7 or 8 figure payout might not be one he could turn around easily, even if it was just Daniels. And, as you say, there are lots of other similar cases waiting in the wings!

2 Likes

It’s almost certainly a Texas notary because Ms. Daniels lives just outside of Dallas. I have also known multiple notaries to get sloppy in following the legal requirements of their work. Failing to properly notarize Ms. Daniels’ signature is actually a detriment to Team Trump, as it means that her signature is not validly attested to being her own (though that doesn’t mean that her signature is invalid as a sign of contractual acceptance).

1 Like

This is what some of the lawyers around here concluded the first day. The agreement required Trump’s signature. Cohen is saying the signature of the dummied up LLC is sufficient, but Section 4.3(a) requires Trump’s personal agreement.

3 Likes

So Cohen can’t show up on TV and fix this, because all his best tools are things that don’t work in public. You can’t offer to break someone’s knees on National TV.

3 Likes

No one knew. No one knew.

6 Likes

That is why Trump is not going to be able to buy his way out of this mess. There are a lot of publishers who are more than anxious to provide book deals in the 7-8 figure range and I suspect McDougal is not going to be the last woman to come out with her story.

1 Like

I want someone to ask Schwartz how a court is going to find Cohen is due 20million for breach of an NDA and release of information which the counter party was paid 130 thousand to not disclose. If it’s worth 130k to keep quiet, how is it worth 20mm if it’s revealed?

2 Likes

He is relying on the asshole arbitrator he has personally selected to award the 20 million. The courts are loath to look at arbitration awards even though most of them stink to high heaven.

2 Likes

An award of that size, unless meticulously justified in every part, would beg for a court to review.

And really, he wasn’t even arguing finer points; it was all bluster.

2 Likes

Cohen is going to need to tap his home equity line for more money, and he is crazy if he thinks Trump is going to reimburse him.

3 Likes

It is - it’s been on the local news here because of that. She was up in a Dallas suburb and so was the notary. I don’t know if either one is still here.

I was watching ‘Skippy’ a few days ago on TCM. I think no one, not even Alec Baldwin, captured Trump so well, even if inadvertently, as Jackie Cooper.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available