Discussion: Local News: Austin Serial Bomber Dead After Detonating Device As Police Closed In

You knew the bomber was white, because Trump didn’t tweet anything about him.

30 Likes

I’m not happy with how so many local and federal officials are using Twitter to broadcast messages about serious matters. This is just one of a thousand examples of the use of this ridiculous platform for what deserves more complete comments than the character limit in a goddamn tweet.

24 Likes

I totally agree.

However, in this particular case, the announcement of this pricks death doesn’t deserve more than a tweet.

4 Likes

sarah sanders says bombins are ‘not terrorism’. this is one of the dumbest things i’ve ever heard, and she’s said a LOT of dumb things.

25 Likes

Oh Sarah, Sarah I guess they never taught you about the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in Birmingham Alabama in1963.
Addie Mae Collins
Cynthia Wesley
Carole Robertson
Carol Denise McNair

Say their names Sarah.

17 Likes

So no ideas from dl on how to prevent other bombers

1 Like

Didn’t you know it’s only terrorism when Muslims randomly kill people? This no doubt was a lone wolf, a troubled young man acting on his own.

11 Likes

I am sure by today on Faux news he is already Muslim

6 Likes

I’m surprised they zeroed in on this guy so quickly. The Unabomber enjoyed many, many years of carefree mayhem.

4 Likes

Is it all they use?

1 Like

And a Democrat.

10 Likes

the suspect in this month’s bombing in the Texas capital killed himself with an explosive device as the authorities closed in on him.

I hope that’s over and people can rest a little easier.

1 Like

Yes, now they can get back to gunning each other down.

4 Likes

A white male? That can’t be. We all know that white males never do anything wrong. There must be a mistake. /s

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the nearly ubiquitous surveillance found in many sectors of society today but there are times it has its uses. I would guess that FedEx had a camera in the office and one one in the parking lot which recorded him when he came in to send the package.

1 Like

True - the Unabomber wasn’t photographed ever, as best I remember. All they ever had was a police sketch that could have been almost anyone.

The video is getting clearer, too, though I’m still surprised at the number of places where they seem to be using VHS recorders and cameras with lenses made from Coke bottle bottoms. “The suspect was clearly wearing a jacket and a hat - more than that, we can’t really tell.”

4 Likes

I, and my child, will sleep better tonight. Good riddance fucker.

8 Likes

Before we rush to judgment we must be sure not to lump this perp in with the good Austin bombers.

6 Likes

Dumb bastard. For starters if you’re going to research bomb making techniques you do it on a fricking stolen laptop, not your own. And go to a FedEx franchise in some shithole location lacking cameras. There’s probably a dozen other easy fixes for the stupid mistakes he made, so thank you for your idiocy, Mr. Stupid White Bomber.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available