Discussion: Magazine Posts Memo Brought By Russian Lawyer To Trump Tower Meeting

2 Likes

Dope Jr.s e-mail trail says something else…

14 Likes

Why would anybody give any credence to this?

14 Likes

“The memo – provided to Foreign Policy by the Crimea-based Russian news organization News Front…”

At first, I was skeptical of the source.

Then I read that three other news organizations had vouched for the memo.

TASS, Pravda, and Izvestia.

(If Russia Today weighs in, then it’s totally air-tight.)

53 Likes

A lawyer for Aras Agalarov and his son Emin — who also were involved in arranging the meeting — told Foreign Policy that a “bit of a game of telephone” was to blame for the discrepancy between Veselnitskaya’s talking points for the meeting and what was promised to Donald Trump Jr. in the emails leading up to it.

Uh-huh.

22 Likes

The Crimea based Russian news organization News Front has settled the matter once and for all. Mueller can fold up shop.

8 Likes

I just hate it when I pick up the phone to talk about adoptions…and I end up committing treason against my country.

Must be Verizon’s fault or I need to pick up my “telephone tag” game.

29 Likes

Great. Anyone want to come to the US and testify to that effect under oath in Federal court? Didn’t think so.

8 Likes

Why did FP even bother to publish this? Why??

5 Likes

OK, that settles it. Let’s all close the books on this trumped up Russia thing and go back to talking about things that matter like … Benghazi!!!

8 Likes

What’s kinda funny is that this STILL isn’t what Dope jr.s letter said the meeting was about. :roll_eyes:

Really, this evidence is more in the vein of supporting the idea that Russia was going to help Dump get elected and then he would lift the sanctions for them. Pretty simple.

If it’s not pay for play, I don’t know what is.

Remind me again why this congress isn’t beginning impeachment proceedings? I mean, what’s it actually gonna take?!?

8 Likes

I would be more interested in knowing what was in the sheaf of papers that Veselnitskaya pulled out of a plastic folder at the end of the meeting and left behind. Not that same thing as this memo that was allegedly her “talking points.” Have those Congressional committees obtained copies of the documents Veselnitskaya left with the top campaign staff?

At the very least, the memo shows they were talking about sanctions, which could well have included a discussion of the quid pro quo for lifting sanctions, and that the “orphans” theme was ancillary in the extreme.

7 Likes

Even if Trump is seen handing out money, a la Boehner style, on the floor of both chambers of Congress the Republicans still back him up. Because if they don’t he’ll tweet mean nasty things about them.

5 Likes

To repeat myself: any isolated document is without any probative significance unless all relevant documents have been disclosed. You can’t just disclose the one document that supports your case and keep all the others back. Evidence doesn’t work like that, ever.

Democrats have to make this point publicly and loudly: Let’s see all of the Agalarov documents relating to the Trump campaign and the Trump organization. This document, on its own, less than worthless.

11 Likes

A piece of evidence that doesn’t comport with what your heart tells you is true? Time to dust off your skepticism, everyone. If it doesn’t make trump guilty of whatever it is you’re accusing him of today, then it can’t possibly be true.

Hahaha, Brissy. You’re always so cute! Time for a new handle, troll. Everyone’s onto you.

6 Likes

The memo — which was provided to Foreign Policy by the Crimea-based Russian news organization News Front

Nuff said…Disinformation campaign at its Russian finest.

3 Likes

Lol I suppose pointing out straightforward facts and flawed thinking would appear to be trolling to someone in the fevered grip of a conspiracy theory.

Please read nemo’s point above. (Sorry, it autocorrected to “memo” when I intended to refer to the comment by nemo)

Evidently, the meeting was held to deliver a memo?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available