Discussion: Magazine Posts Memo Brought By Russian Lawyer To Trump Tower Meeting

See, that’s where I’m more skeptical than you. I’m holding out for an approval from Tass & Friends.

4 Likes

Pravda has no news, Izvestia has no truth, and TASS has neither.

2 Likes

He’s a slippery eel, give him that. You’ll never shut him up except Darrtown made him look pretty silly the other day as a purveyor of proven-false news stories about Iranian missiles. He had to back down but popped right up again in the next sentence! So I wonder—what if he is their best? They sent him into the lion’s den of libs to bamboozle us all! Or maybe they figure it’s hopeless so they let the shittiest member of the team get some playing time in, like when a football team is down by 40 points. He’s obviously completely ineffective. And lately he’s just been mailing it in. The best, whatever else, they don’t give up. But Brissy, I think he doesn’t care any more. He’s been hurt too badly. He pretends with his lols that he doesn’t, but I think he actually minds being called stupid and being laughed at. I know I’ve gotten under his skin a couple of times. Not worth the effort but seriously he’s kind of schizoid about his role here. Seems to not only think but feel that we should take his posturing seriously, accept him as a legitimate poster, and is offended and hurt we don’t. Strange guy, seriously.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah! I saw that movie:

3 Likes

He’s trying to guilt trip us into being nice to him with this implicit whine about how come we don’t give him the benefit of the doubt. How closed- minded of us not to believe his transparent lies.

1 Like

Did you ever try to lie yourself out of trouble when you were a kid and get caught up in the self-righteous indignation of the aggrieved innocent person you were pretending to be? That’s our boy, I think. Pretty common thing actually.

2 Likes

Bearer bonds?

Provakatsiya is remarkably malleable.

Sometimes, the truth is stranger than fiction, and serves to promote the overarching intent. And sometimes it helps muddy the waters(further).

1 Like

“of what News Front is at”

Could I impose on your good will, to not use that particular construction in the future?
It made my brains hurt.

Perhaps “where” rather than “what”, or “about” instead of “at”?

Jones v. Clinton, bee-otch.

1 Like

Sorry, grammar is not my strength… :persevere:

1 Like

A Democratic majority in the House would be a good start.

1 Like

I see what you did there.

1 Like

[quote=“mattinpa, post:43, topic:63818”]
I think he doesn’t care any more. He’s been hurt too badly. He pretends with his lols that he doesn’t, but I think he actually minds being called stupid and being laughed at. I know I’ve gotten under his skin a couple of times. Not worth the effort but seriously he’s kind of schizoid about his role here. Seems to not only think but feel that we should take his posturing seriously, accept him as a legitimate poster, and is offended and hurt we don’t. Strange guy, seriously.
[/quote]Thought for a minute you were talking about Trump. But, then I realized you were being too kind. Of course, Brissy can’t harm anyone here.

I just read farther down - same reaction.

1 Like

I guess doubt of the benefit just doesn’t engender the same feels.

Yeah, that’s him. And looks like that same boy repeatedly shows up here under different handles…

I won’t tell anyone you ended a sentence with a preposition if you don’t tell anyone that I do it all the time, defiantly.

1 Like

OT:

cc: @spencersmom

2 Likes

PA had a choice in 2016. They broke a long tradition of voting blue for Trump. No excuses. They fucked themselves.

This memo is damning for Team Trump. When you combine it with the email dangle promising anti-HRC dirt, you see that there is a quid pro quo that was both the pretext for and subject of the meeting. Trump wanted anti-HRC dirt. Russia wanted help on removing the Magnitsky Act. They didn’t go to Camp HRC regarding the Magnitsky Act. They went to Trump. They also offered Trump 2 things: help with anti-HRC oppo research and help with campaign finance (Manafort’s scribbled notes suggest this). Manafort owed $60 million to Deripaska, a RU asset if there ever was one. It’s quite likely that Manafort was placed into the Trump campaign by Putin and knew exactly what the Magnitsky Act meant to Russia and what Russia would be willing to do for it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available