Discussion: Magazine Posts Memo Brought By Russian Lawyer To Trump Tower Meeting

We don’t know if everyone who has to pay the higher premiums voted for Trump and deserve what they get.

1 Like

Pretty good bet that a majority probably are Trump voters because they live in rural counties with fewer providers than in the larger cities.

Some time well after Annette Funicello and Barbara Parkins…but way before Rachel Weisz (in The Bourne Legacy) and Helena Bonham Carter (in The King’s Speech and PBS-BBC Johnny Woricker)…I had a thing for Lee Remick…

1 Like

I know a lot of people using the ACA. None are Trump voters. Statewide, sure, there are people in that situation. I’m not sure anyone’s better off if we go ha ha you deserve it losers.

4 Likes

OT:

Uh, wow, there’s no god… :persevere:

The Danger of President Pence (The New Yorker).

So the man, a heartbeat away, or the 25th away, or an impeachment away, from the presidency, unless he goes down along with the fuckin’ moron, is as fuckin’ awful, heartless, incompetent a moron as his boss. One difference may be that he is a calculating moron, and because of that he might not blow up nukes on impulse (unlike his boss) but other than that his presidency might well be even worse.

3 Likes

Mmm…no. A claimed memo from a Russia source that doesn’t, ah, comport with what Junior’s own emails say.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it will be worse – much worse. And I haven’t been shy about saying so.

2 Likes

Why does THIS article, pretty much alone, read as a statement of fact? Not an ‘alleged’ or ‘claimed’ or ‘said to have been’ to be seen, astoundingly.

It is indeed wonderful now finally to be shown, for the first time we should evidently believe, the unvarnished, unbiased, truth of the matter, not just one side’s script — amazing!

What gives?

It was held to deliver the White House to Trump

1 Like

There was no other reason for this meeting other than the one in Junior’s e-mail and the whole world knows it. Donald then wrote/dictated the adoption cover story. That has already been proven, Anything that comes from Russia after their hacking was discovered is pure BS on Putin’s part. This memo included.

I’d agree with you except the memo is utterly consistent with everything that we know about the meeting, from junior’s First statement on the topic to his last, to manafort’s notes. The comment on funding for Dems is also in line with what was allegedly used in hyperbolic (or Chinese whispers) fashion to try and get the meeting in the first place.

I know you’re not one for objective analysis, but my spidey senses tell me even you have been thinking about removing that tinfoil hat recently.

If you think about the time and thought that goes into countering his attempts at plausible-sounding argument, that’s a success for trolling right there. There are so many other things each of us could be doing, from contributing to political organizations to taking out the cat litter, that would be a more constructive use of our time if he/she/it weren’t here.

1 Like

I’m sure that’s the goal on sites where they’re not likely to sow much confusion or gain converts. Just threadjack. He’ll just throw absurd stuff out there that’s obviously meant only to provoke people and waste their time, as you say. If we’re yelling at him we’re not coming to a consensus, sharing information, discussing what’s effective, we’re spending out time less constructively.

2 Likes

does anyone remember the time during the campaign some republican politician lined up a bunch of hilary matroshka dolls in front of his podium to make a point about her shady connections? guess he’d run out of those hilary nutcrackers they all thought were so funny

1 Like

“The memo — which was provided to Foreign Policy by the Crimea-based Russian news organization News Front

Right there, this is “working the Refs” by Putin to try to defuse what he KNOWS is a dangerous threat to his plans.

I smell Manafort (and his Crimean connections) in this as a messenger for Putin.

We don’t yet know anything at all about the meeting. The only solid information we have is the emails. Also, that’s a non-sequitur. You’re not a very bright little troll – but you probably already knew that.

Actually, there’s nothing more unifying than a common foe. And when did we ever come to a consensus on anything when left to our own devices?

1 Like

Well, as we used to say more confidently, it’s a free country. Personally I think it’s a waste of time to try to argue a point with him, because he’s not in the business of exchanging views straightforwardly and with an open mind. So when I see long threads where people are wrestling with him as if they might just once argue him to a bloody draw, I just shake my head. But if anyone wants to do that, hey, it’s your time, spend it how you want.

1 Like

Oh, it’s been clobbered pretty good on quite a few occasions. I do get that it can be annoying if that turns into thread-jacking. Most of the time though, just one or two people respond to it. I’m generally just interested in what the Russian spin du jour is.

1 Like

It’s kind of fascinating to be dealing one on one with this global phenomenon of democracy-destabilizing trolls, when the troll is essentially harmless where it is. But then I get outraged by it. They’re a real enemy.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available