Discussion: Many Republicans Unsatisfied And Unnerved By Trump’s Russia Bungling

I love TPM, but you seriously need an editor. Or if you have one, you need a better one.

And if you promise to spend my Prime membership fee on that, I will join.

They don’t care that Trump will sell the country out, they are concerned that he’s so clumsy about hiding it.
The cowards are even worse than the idiot cultists like Nunes, as they know what Trump is, but other than expressing muted concern now and then, they do nothing. The idiot caucus has an excuse, they are too stupid to see what’s in front of them, the rest are spineless Quislings.

1 Like

If anyone looks weak and feckless, it’s you GOP. Less talk, more action, K?

I have read that at the height of Watergate, Republican Americans similarly doubled down and circled the wagons in defense of Nixon. I think the only reason Nixon was brought down by Watergate was because Democrats controlled the House and Senate, and there was no Fox News and extensive right wing talk radio empire then.

Putin’s not waiting. He’s plowing ahead with his agenda of world domination as Donnie blunders through walk-backs and gibberish, completely unaware of how he’s ruining us.

Go ahead, Republicans. Wait for Donnie to miraculously change his personality and suddenly absorb the knowledge of American law and history, and to throw off his temper tantrum toddler traits to become an adult man who wants to protect his country. You’ll be waiting forever.

1 Like

The Senate’s doing its best to catch up, traveling to Moscow to grovel before the king. On the 4th of July, yet. McConnell has never had America’s interests at heart, and they made him leader.

Are you sure about that? Lack of action indicates to me that GOP is still tightly bound to #TeamTreason. Not surprising given mix of complicity and kompromat. :frowning:

Few things sure under the sun. But there’s Mueller, and other legal efforts. Manafort sits in jail, other campaign folks tremble like rabbits in a hawk’s shadow, Cohen’s in a world of hurt, lots of 'em flipping on higher-ups. There’s this Mariia Butin person you may have heard of whose legal troubles are about to blow up in a lot of GOP faces. That’s all got an unraveley flavor to me. A Spanish guy many weeks ago said that particular deal was trouble for Number One Son. I don’t know why but that’s what he said. They’re looking at criminal stuff with the damn foundation. Long day and all the rest escapes me. It’s more trouble than I’d want to have. The GOP isn’t acting but the courts and the media are in full operation, as are the other nations in the world. Key thing in non-unraveled conspiracies is you don’t even know about them. So you tell me.

1 Like

Ah, I understand your point now. Thanks.

By “unraveling” I thought you meant GOP was waking up and breaking free of Trump.

But all you say is true, it’s the unraveling of the conspiracies (plural).

:fist:

1 Like

Nah, they’re staying the course, I guess. Too cowardly and dumb to think of a better idea.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available