Discussion: McConnell Withdraws Trump Judicial Pick Minutes Before Confirmation Vote

1 Like

Between this and the resolution to deny Pootie access to our assets you could knock me over with a feather.

17 Likes

SOOOOOOO happy this nomination was yanked.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

“The two senators from Bounds’ home state, Democratic Sens. Jeff Merkley
and Ron Wyden, had objected to the nomination and protested his
confirmation in speeches on the Senate floor.”

But there were Republican votes lost…

28 Likes

Yanked or to be voted on again next week when the heat has died down?

21 Likes

Found out he diddled kiddies?

5 Likes

Tim Scott is the real reason. This candidate was a real piece of work.

18 Likes

Nope. He accidentally left a paper trail lamenting that the USA can’t just be an all-white, Christian ethno-state (basically). He should’ve hidden it better and he’d have sailed through.

32 Likes

Is it just me or do these guys just look like they’re all out of central casting for the part of conservative christo-fascist monster? It’s like there’s a Build-A-Nazi workshop somewhere secretly competing with Build-A-Bear…and boy do the GOP children in Congress love it. I mean really…can you honestly tell me with a straight face that you could see this guy on the street and not think to yourself “well there goes a fine specimen of white Christian nationalist douchebaggery”?

36 Likes

He’ll be back. It’s Trump after all.

The White House has withdrawn the nominee.

From the WaPo article:

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) told reporters Thursday that the decision was made with the White House, following concerns Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) raised about the nomination.

“Senator Scott raised some concerns yesterday about the nomination and I think it became apparent the nominee was not going to prevail,” Cornyn told reporters after Bounds’ vote was withdrawn. “The White House decided under the circumstances to withdraw the nomination and so that’s where we are.”

A spokesman for Scott confirmed that Scott had concerns about some of Bounds’s writings, while another Republican aide concurred that Scott had expressed problems with Bounds’s nomination.

15 Likes

Well that is news… Tim Scott growing a pair… I guess he is not for reelection this fall.

8 Likes

Oh I really needed this news. Thank god.

Here’s Daily Beast.
GOP Sen. Tim Scott Sinks Trump Nominee Over Past Racist Writings

22 Likes

Thanks for trying, Sen. Cornyn, I’m sure the Trumpsters appreciate you trying to give them cover. But we all know the only reason “the White House has withdrawn” this guy’s nomination is to avoid embarrassment because he was publicly exposed as a nasty, racist piece of work and one or two of your fellow Republicans decided they could not get away with voting to confirm him.

15 Likes

If you haven’t watched The Good Fight…the follow up to The Good Wife…you should, if only for the way it portrays a Federal Judge who was appointed by trump, as a total doofus. It’s appropriate and accurate

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Oh NOES he was all packed and everything.

12 Likes

Is this some sort of vestigial spine?!? I’m so confused right now. I assume there’s something I don’t know. Because it couldn’t be.

5 Likes

”Bounds apologized for those articles, which he called ‘overheated, over-broad and too often not as respectful as it should have been of opposing viewpoints’…”

Or, as the GOP likes to call it, “Not torching the evidence soon enough”.

46 Likes

Christ he must be an ax murderer.

17 Likes

Overheated, overbroad and disrespectful of opposing viewpoints? Don’t apologize for that, Ryan! That’s why they nominated you in the first place!

19 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available