Discussion: McConnell Withdraws Trump Judicial Pick Minutes Before Confirmation Vote

Dear Tim Scott:

Are you starting to fucking get it yet? They’d have appointed this guy in a heartbeat if they could’ve kept his white Christian nationalist beliefs on the down low. You are nothing but their useful idiot. Moreover, you are a complete clown if you think these people won’t throw you in with the rest of the minorities they wish to oppress and subjugate as soon as that usefulness ends.

Sincerely,

Occam’s Razor

21 Likes

Because that’s just what you want in a United States Circuit Court of Appeals judge, a guy who writes things that are overheated, over-broad, and disrespectful of opposing viewpoints.

34 Likes

After all the Mueller indictments are issued and Trump and Pence have been impeached for treason (among other things) I would love to see the Dems* begin impeachment proceedings against all of the Trump-appointed Judges.

*Assumes Dems take back congressional power in November.

17 Likes

The only thing worse than a racist is a racist with an ivy league education and a law degree.

26 Likes

Curious. The Supreme Court nom is in more trouble than people think. Gotta get pressure on Collins and Murkowski in heir home states.

29 Likes

Amen!

8 Likes

So, the unity of the Senate Republicans is starting to fall apart? This makes me so sad I just don’t know what I’ll do. Oh, wait… I guess I’m over it now.

9 Likes

They must have just found out he killed someone

I wonder, if the vote had been held a week ago, would it have sailed through? Could Trump’s disastrous Putin Presser have played a role in shifting the needle? If Scott had made the same objections last Wednesday, would Rubio and the others have been as ready to dump him?

19 Likes

I hope no one holds it against me, but I just have to say it.

I guess Trump’s judicial pick is out of Bounds.

15 Likes

When a judge is too openly racist to be confirmed by this US Senate… we just dodged a bullet there.

17 Likes

Some advice to Mitch: Know your Bounds.

5 Likes

McConnell realized he didn’t have the votes to get him through.

2 Likes

You really need to Ryan yourself in. You’re liable to reach the…edge…of good taste and perhaps even cross it by leaps and…hops.

6 Likes

I think the Summit made all the difference.

15 Likes

And so we see the importance of diversity.

They keep pointing to Tim Scott’s objections. Does that mean that it was only the only black guy in the caucus who was objecting?

Are they admitting that if their 51st vote were another white Republican from South Carolina, the confirmation of a Christofascist White supremacist would have sailed on through?

They’re damning themselves pretty badly by explaining it all in terms of Scott’s objection.

14 Likes

This is a little awkward, given that several GOP Senator were all set to vote for this nominee precisely because of his racist views.

16 Likes

Nah, he just failed his Russian Grammar midterm. They’re getting pretty strict about that recently…

7 Likes

What this means is that any ONE Republicon senator can hold McConnel hostage. PRESSURE, PRESSURE folks!

9 Likes

If I understand this accurately, if it were not for one GOP senator from SC this racist unqualified nominee for a lifetime appointment to the Federal bench would have been approved by at least 50 senators. Well that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. At least he wont be able to cause any harm as he returns to his current job as a U.S Attorney - NOT.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available