Discussion: Mueller Team Unveils Its Exhibit List For Paul Manafort's Upcoming Trial

“Bank Records - Cyprus” and “Bank Records - St. Vincent and the Grenadines” should be especially interesting.

9 Likes

If I were a jury on either Manafort trial I would insist on a White Board, post-it notes (colored), photos of all people named and unnamed in exhibits, dry erase markers (colored), and yes my favorite string ( of course colored). It would be beautiful.

5 Likes

Hell, maybe we’ll even get to see Bernie’s tax returns some day.

2 Likes

When it freezes over.

1 Like

Wow…I missed that. Oof…

3 Likes

There’s been a lot of kvetching about how long Mueller’s taking, but when you see this, then glance over at the list of issued indictments, accepted pleas and names of people who’ve either completed their sentence and been expelled from the country (Alex van der Zwaan) or currently sitting on their keister in a cell (Manafort and Butina), you have to admit that Mueller’s team haven’t been dialing this in.

Here’s a somewhat recent list of 35 targets I found (doesn’t include Mdme Honeypot, errrr Mariia Butina, who I think is the 36th and latest, although some folks are saying she’s not specifically a Mueller trophy, just someone caught up in the fun). And we’re not done yet…:

5 Likes

“Except as the judge well knows, it’s all about getting to Trump. Nothing else.”

i think the end game goes well beyond trump.

9 Likes

I doubt he is. He appears to me to be a full-on Russian asset. I doubt he’d want to annoy Putie-poo. Of course, the bear might turn as well, in which case Manyfart would sing an aria.

2 Likes

See:

Bernie is a creep.

2 Likes

Heck, you’re going to need lots of different colors. Red for links back to the GRU contacts, Orange for the links back to Donnie, Green for money laundering links, heck we may need to go for multi-colored stripes - the crosslinking is going to blow minds…

6 Likes

I am a Bernie supporter. Voted for him in the 2016 primaries. As for Tad Devine, he is a weapons grade asshole.

“Internationally, Devine has worked as a strategist and media consultant
for the winning campaigns of Colombian President Andres Pastrana in
1998, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak in 1999, Peruvian President Alejandro Toledo in 2001, Bolivian President Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada in 2002, Irish Taoiseach Bertie Ahern in 1997, 2002 and 2007, Honduran President Mel Zelaya in 2005, and Ukrainian Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovich and the Party of Regions
in 2006. He worked again with Yanukovich in 2009 and 2010 for his
successful Presidential bid. He served as a strategist and media
consultant for Ashraf Ghani’s 2009 presidential campaign in Afghanistan.”

Like Podesta and Manafort, he is a free-market fascist who will work for any dictator who is willing to hire him.

I have a strong hunch Devine (or Glenn Greenwald) is the person Marcy Wheeler reported to the FBI.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Yup. I used to see Donnie as the top of the pyramid, but now see him as a somewhat useful idiot for Vlad and the local oligarchs (Mercers, Kochs, etc). I’d like, nay love, to see Rebekah Mercer in a booking photo. I’d be willing to forgo peanut butter for a week just for that. Toss in a couple of Koch bros and we can start negotiating about coffee…

7 Likes

Also, Devine siphoned off millions of donations to Bernie’s campaign to his own firm.

1 Like

Those are beautiful….

2 Likes

That was an amazing exhibit.

2 Likes

Another thing bugs me about the references to exhibits that include Tad Devine’s name in the exhibit title. 5 of these references include 2014 dates, well after the Miss Universe pageant, and at the point where people began contemplating the 2016 race and most believed HRC would enter the race. Bernie Sanders entered the 2016 presidential race. Bernie Sanders declared his candidacy at the end of April 2015. Tad Devine joined Bernie Sanders’ team on Nov. 11 2014, 5 months after the last email chain/memo on this exhibit list that includes Devine, Kilimnick and Manafort. Coincidence? I think not.

I’ve been stating for well over a year that though I did not have proof I knew that Tad Devine was close with Manafort, understood Russian interference tactics, and would’ve immediately recognized what the Russians were doing in their interference campaign against the US during the 2016 elections. This timeline makes it even clearer that Devine was dispatched to support an anti-HRC candidate in order to bog her down. Devine was only too happy to accept the role because he could rationalize what he was doing in terms of an ideological convergence with Bernie’s politics and the money he made off the deal.

I strongly suspect Devine is one of the witnesses that Mueller wants to call to testify under oath. Per the last Mueller filing on this topic, the 5 witnesses identified in this exhibit have thus far refused to testify. Mueller wants the judge to compel them to testify and give them a limited immunity grant so that they cannot plead the 5th and must tell the truth or face a perjury, obstruction or contempt charge. We have not officially heard Devine’s name in this story until today. But today, it’s there, it’s clear and it demands an explanation.

19 Likes

Paulie will be wrapped up nice a neatly in colored string.

4 Likes

Making it clear that Trump is not the only useful idiot in this play. Bernie is going to have to answer to this at some point and I would appreciate, now that the revelation is out there, someone from the press connecting the dots and pressing Bernie on all of this.

Any chance, @tierney??

8 Likes

Somebody’s got to press him hard on this. The last time he was made to talk about it (Feb 2018, after the Mueller indictment of the Russian troll farm made it clear that the Russians were trying to help him in 2016) he made a mess of it:
First, trying to say nothing about it.
Then, mimicking Trump by attacking Mueller and Hillary.
( https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/21/bernie-sanders-trump-russia-interference-420528 )
Finally, backtracking and getting his talking points right.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available