Discussion: Mueller Team Unveils Its Exhibit List For Paul Manafort's Upcoming Trial

And now I’m recalling that during the campaign, Trump regularly joined in the chorus of those shouting that “Bernie was robbed.” Of course, the immediate context was the casting of doubt over the legitimacy of Hillary’s nomination, but still . . .

6 Likes

O: hell I heard Anthony Scaramuchi on Bill Maher go off on how the only two people in the whole United States who get it are Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders.

Yes because they are both Populists. And there is only one kind of Populism.

and right at the moment, it’s busy wrecking the EU and America.

5 Likes

LOL. 436 exhibits? Good thing the label stickers don’t have to be licked to make them sticky.

2 Likes

After the week trump has had he might be less inclined to pass out pardons that could reflect on the Russia probe.

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s how his mind works (to the extent “works” is an applicable word, as it is clearly broken). I would expect that the compulsion to assert himself, his power and his dominance and exact some form of reactionary vengeance by doubling down in some fashion is eating him up inside like cancer on fire. For him, refusal to believe him and go along with his attempts to con you is an unforgivable sin against his very person.

4 Likes

Yeah,

He might want to but we saw him go back on something he said at the Summit and he didn’t want to so I take that to mean they still can get through to him when it’s life or death. So no pardons because they (the people in the WH) would tie him to a chair first.

3 Likes

But then, again, it just came out that he has another meeting with Putin planned for the Fall! Sniffit could be right.

I recomend caviar and vodka. Seems more appropriate to the Manafort pre-prison lifestyle.

I wonder if his prison garb is Egyptian cotton or silk, and if he has access to a hair colorist and masseuse?

And during the campaign there was stuff like this, recall:

Last week a survey from Washington-based Mercury Analytics surfaced with a most curious finding: Roughly 20 percent of Democrats said they would defect from their party to vote for Donald Trump, with a surprising number of them declaring with 100 percent certainty they would be comfortable doing so. A smaller chunk of Republicans (14 percent) said they would switch to vote for Hillary Clinton.

Juuuuust enough crossover votes to throw the election to Trump. And Josh alluded in a post to Friday’s indictment showing the Russians going after the DNC’s voter analytics . . .

5 Likes

Yeah there was a lot of it.

Not to mention that a whole lot of the anti-Hillary shit was identical.

3 Likes

and Reeses’ Peanut Butter Cups?

2 Likes

Woah, woah, woah - let’s not go crazy here. Next thing yo know you’ll be threatening my Butterfingers collection. Now, if she’s convicted, we can talk…

2 Likes

I suspect that it takes a lot of work and that the game for “getting through to him” is solely a matter of convincing him of which option is not just better in terms of his own self-interest, but more “profitable.”

4 Likes

And let’s not forget that Bernie’s team was caught accessing Clinton’s team’s side of the DNC data.

7 Likes

Bernie attacked Mueller?! Wtf - If true that pisses me right the fvck off.

ETA—apparently he’s an a-hole to work for.

3 Likes

Makes the Russian interests glare. Bernie votes and campaigns on Russia’s interests-no trade deals, pro NRA, and his pro Russia votes.

If Hillary’s chief strategist was listed, Nytimes, Washpost and the networks would have led with the story. With Bernie, nothing. Not even a reporter asking trailing him to ask a question.

1 Like

Caviar and vodka, eh? How very Russian. How very appropriate!

Yeah, that interview was the last straw for me. In 2018 there aren’t a lot of innocent explanations for throwing shade on the Russia investigation.

3 Likes

Anyone else in the overall campaign needs to bang the drum on Stein’s involvement every single day. Yes, I know - she should be outright ignored, but there will be those who will insist that she’s still the best candidate. They need to be schooled early and often.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available