Discussion: Nielsen: 'I Haven't Seen Evidence' That Russians Hacked Election To Help Trump (VIDEO)

Did Michael Cohen tell her that?

1 Like

Sure. It could all be going on. My point was, remains, that the social engineering method is easiest, uses totally legal and proven effective methods, and creates the desired social discord and political chaos, regardless of the final vote outcome. And thereā€™s lot of evidence they did just that, and for that reason, and precious little evidence they ā€œhackedā€ systems to get to a specific vote count regardless of the votes actually cast.

Itā€™s also the simplest explanation for what actually happened.

Changing how you think seems like a better thing in the long term than changing how your vote was counted this one time.

1 Like

Didnā€™t last Fridayā€™s news include the bombshell that the Russian Military had purchased second hand voting machines?

I take your point that Micro targeting voters was very effective and sowing division and chaos is an important goal of Putinā€™s ( so I think itā€™s entirely possible that Putin might throw trump under the bus if he canā€™t deliver on lifting sanctions),

But the evidence is mounting that Putin launched a both/and interference campaign in 2016 and will probably do so again in 2018

3 Likes

Or maybe they took some number of voters who didnā€™t appear and enters votes on their behalf - harder to trace and a more direct effect on the outcomeā€¦

So which homeland is she securing?

2 Likes

I know this is late in the day, and I havenā€™t gone through the 184 earlier posts, but what do we do with this:

ā€œI havenā€™t seen any evidence that the attempts to interfere in our election infrastructure was to favor a particular political party,ā€ she said at the Aspen Instituteā€™s Security Forum in Colorado.

and

ā€œIt was in an effort to attack certain political parties that we know about more than others, so weā€™ll continue to look and see what that means and be prepared for the next time,ā€ she said.

So, what was it Ms Nielsen?

1 Like

[quote=ā€œgodwit, post:184, topic:75038, full:trueā€]
Didnā€™t last Fridayā€™s news include the bombshell that the Russian Military had purchased second hand voting machines?[/quote]

Are they getting the firmware updates for them? Do they know what other voting jurisdictions still use that version of that machine? Again, these systems are surely vulnerable. But that attack is, on a national level, an order of magnitude harder and much less productive than just influencing the voters, or the non-voters, as the case may be.

Maybe the DNC should abandon persuading voters and just hire more 400 lb guys living in their parentsā€™ basements to rig the count?

Edit to add: and if convincing people the counting is rigged helps drive the herd, weā€™ve just come full circle, again without having to change one cast vote.

1 Like

This is absolutely correct. Facebook isnā€™t off the hook just cause the GRU was also attempting more direct methods.

For one thing, the social media strategy can be deployed continually- not just every two to four years

1 Like

And we, collectively, are not off the hook for buying into the Facebook etc. model and for, say, blindly accepting stupid Facebook GIF memes as fact and passing them on to influence our network without thoughtful consideration.

Iā€™m not a Facebook or Twitter or any of rest. TPM Hive is about as close as I get to Internet Social Networking.

1 Like

geez. do any of these people speak English as a first language?

Bimbo

Good. Sheā€™ll get to go down with the ship.

1 Like

Sheā€™ll get another cushy k-street job - but nobody gets rich working for 45* 's family - nobody.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure Muellerā€™s just sitting around twiddling his thumbs and is probably clueless about how to tackle this. He has so little experience with RICO (cough Gambino crime family bust cough) , I bet heā€™s just scratching his head wondering what to do!

Can you find any fault with how the indictments or guilty pleas have been rolling in so far? Maybe he knows a little bit more about this than the rest of us.

2 Likes

Fuck Mencken, the people voted for Clinton by 3 million votes. Trump sits in the White House because of the Electoral College which exists because of exactly that sort of elitist distrust of the people.

1 Like

Ahhh willful ignorance, ainā€™t it grand?

I love this musical even though itā€™s as corny as Kansas in August.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a lame explanation for why they collected ā€“ at a minimum ā€“ voter registration data which is largely unnecessary for the project you describe.

For chaos, confusion and disruption, falseflag attacks on both sides would work. Didnā€™t happen that way. Putin picked a side to support.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been getting ads to join face book. That happening to other people?

Iā€™m not going to get alarmed over what seem to be Russian attacks on our democracy and I owe my peace of mind to Mommieā€™s Dearest.

ā€œWeā€™ve met Russian aggression with American strength and action,ā€ Pence said.

Hurtā€™s all gone.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available