Discussion: 'Orwellian': Flake Trashes Trump-Putin Presser, Pushes Non-Binding Resolution

An inkling, perhaps a scintilla. Or a jot?

We should bash Flake and Corker, we should just bash the rest of their caucus more.

2 Likes

Not long, when it’s to affirm the Senate’s support for National Cheese Week or whatever. They do that stuff all the time.

11 Likes

And yet they still act like R’s. Funny.

7 Likes

Yes and no. Cotton and Inhofe are disgusting sacks of shit that would slit a child’s throat for fun if they thought they could get away with it. The difference is, they don’t pretend to be otherwise.

Meanwhile, Flake would sharpen the knife and hold the kid down…and then complain about how we should reconsider considering the consideration of whether or not slitting a child’s throat should be tabled for consideration of possible considering.

2 Likes

At long last, have you no sense of decency? How DARE you embrace jocularity regarding what Clifton Fadiman once called “milk’s leap to immortality.”

Time for pistols at dawn, sir!

Remember that McConnell canceled at least part of the summer recess because he didn’t want Democratic incombents to be available to campaign locally for re-election.

McConnell canceled 3 weeks of the summer recess, so the Senate is expected to be in Washington for most of August, The Hill reported.

But that’s as of the 15th and may have changed.

3 Likes

They’ve been stewing in their own coyness and stupidity, no doubt — but what did you think of Goldwater in the early '60s?

If this doesn’t disturb you, you may be a fascist (GOP).

Oddly related:

15 Likes

The measure, introduced on Wednesday [by Flake and Coons], would support the intelligence community’s assessment of Russian election interference days after Trump voiced skepticism about Moscow’s election interference. […]

“It is purely a symbolic act and what we need to do is … do the hard work that senators have to do through the regular order,” Cornyn said from the Senate floor.

Someone please wake me when Cornyn begins to do this “hard work” that he says “we need.”

And speaking of being woken up, here’s a resentful George Will:

“We shall learn from special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation whether in 2016 there was collusion with Russia by members of the Trump campaign. The world, however, saw in Helsinki something more grave — ongoing collusion between Trump, now in power, and Russia. The collusion is in what Trump says (refusing to back the United States’ intelligence agencies) and in what evidently went unsaid (such as: You ought to stop disrupting Ukraine, downing civilian airliners, attempting to assassinate people abroad using poisons, and so on, and on).”

5 Likes

sorry i didnt read your further comment before i answered. lol you said the same thing i did.

1 Like

Fine but my creditors want to fight you first. They’d rather die themselves than see me killed.

8 Likes

I know. It’s like the prodigal son. We see them all sinning, and then Flake comes home, seemingly contrite and ready to be our servant, and we make a big fuss over him, and put together a big feast and he doesn’t show up and trails in at 11 saying he met up with some friends and he lost track of time, sorry, won’t happen again, and then the same damn thing happens two more times and it’s like FINE I GIVE UP OUT OUT OUT. Even if the other ones are worse, they haven’t disappointed us by raising our hopes.

6 Likes

Carl Sagan : Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

It seems like Helsinki was that extraordinary evidence for many people.

1 Like

Josh seems to believe it’s true.

6 Likes

Not completely. This little nugget:

…what happens when you wage war on objective reality for nearly two solid years, calling real things fake and fake things real, as if conditioning others to embrace the same confusion

These pigfuckers have been doing it to the public at large for decades. This phenomenon didn’t take hold in just a couple of years.

And Fake Flake himself is a teabagger who made his name lying about Obama. He can go fuck himself.

2 Likes

Send an email to tech@talkingpointsmemo.com - they’ve been great about getting back to me on issues I come across.

Make sure to include your platform, operating system and browser you’re using when you encounter a problem.

They appreciate getting the heads up because they don’t monitor the comments threads…

@sooner too

2 Likes

Ohhhhh. Stern words from Senator Flake. A NONBINDING RESOLUTION!!!

What do you plan to do to protect our elections?

Right. Zip. Nada. You’re a spineless show pony.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Did anyone click through to the The Hill article and see how forked tongued Cornyn blocked it?

I agree that committees “ought to be permitted to call the witnesses and ask the hard questions and develop the record” which is why we need a Democratic Congress to do what Republicans can’t or won’t.

But Cornyn objected, saying senators should focus on passing new sanctions legislation and warning that they should work through the committee process.

“It is purely a symbolic act and what we need to do is … do the hard work that senators have to do through the regular order,” Cornyn said from the Senate floor.

He added that committees “ought to be permitted to call the witnesses and ask the hard questions and develop the record before we go on record as to a resolution like this.”

2 Likes

I’m fed up with that dude.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available