Discussion: 'Orwellian': Flake Trashes Trump-Putin Presser, Pushes Non-Binding Resolution

Jeff Flake for President… Like Reagan without the chimpanzee.

2 Likes

“What we saw earlier this week in Helsinki is what happens when you wage war on objective reality for nearly two solid years, calling real things fake and fake things real, as if conditioning others to embrace the same confusion.”

he said with a sincere look, thinking that it’s really been a team effort of the past 20 years. Only modesty could have prevented him from saying that his entire party is responsible for this.

3 Likes

Well, in that case, maybe just Brie and crackers at dawn?

2 Likes

Actually around 2 in the afternoon is usually better for me.

2 Likes

FWIW -

When you catch the “502 BG” msg, wait a sec and try a 2nd time - works for my system.

Good luck

1 Like

Done! I’ll bring a scrap of Rocquefort as well.

1 Like

although it does feel joyless and tawdry

2 Likes

Later that evening, he instructed his children that if they didn’t finish their homework, they would receive a stern talking-to.

1 Like

‘Flake for Game Show Host’…Like PRyan without the rich old lady.

Grassley (R-Iowa) has not said when the Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on the nomination. On Friday, McConnell predicted that will likely happen in late August or early September. McConnell canceled 3 weeks of the summer recess, so the Senate is expected to be in Washington for most of August, The Hill reported.

Okay, so they’re staying in session to hold hearings on Kavanaugh and because McConnell controls the proceedings and can cut off debate and can bring the nomination to a vote, we can expect that he’ll be confirmed early September. And that’s a tragedy right there. But this Senate is not known for its multitasking skills so we shouldn’t be surprised if Flake’s proposal or any others from either chamber having to do with taking PP to task will be addressed before November. They need to get re-elected and will do nothing to upset that particular apple cart.

1 Like

Caucus with the Dems, Jeff.

Save our nation.

1 Like

Flake is a player: he is not reliable, except that, reliably, he will not put his back into going after Trump. A little outrage here and there, but where the rubber meets the road, support for Trump. Just like Little Marco.

3 Likes

Before my time, but I know he never ascended to the Presidency, and he’s not worshipped today as is Reagan.
I’d cite him as an example of how GOP crazies were once upon a time relegated to the fringe.

2 Likes

I appreciate that he was before your time, and that therefore you don’t want to judge his relationship (or lack thereof) with objective reality — but before we say he was a fringe crazy, let’s at least recall that he was the nominee of the Republican Party!

1 Like

I see you managed to fabricate a spine out of putty, Jeff. Don’t stand too near the heatr or it will harden and you’ll be in bigly trouble.

Arizona is ashamed of you, “Senator”, and your political career is over. (At least if we voters have anything to say about it.)

1 Like

I had a friend and co-worker, that despite all evidence, felt Reagan walked on water. He still does.

I don’t get what Flake’s game is. I won’t go as far to call him a coward - he could just retire meekly and quietly like Ryan. Just speaking out about Trump makes him an Apostate RINO, so he probably gets sacks of misspelled death threats every day. He could be looking to primary Trump in 2020. That could explain speaking out but doing nothing to actually rock the GOP boat (the one loaded with donor cash).

2 Likes

It could simply be the threshold has been passed and he is doing something rare, the right thing. Late and clouded by history.

I would be snarky about that, but this week, I want to believe it actually.

until you repube flakes call for impeachment you will be enablers and co-conspirators to the demise of the nation. period

great that you found the balls to speak, now find the balls to action

1 Like

Hey, Jeff, if you switched parties you might find it easier to hold the president accountable. Otherwise STFU you grandstanding wanna be famous.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available