Discussion: Paul Ryan to American Public: Do Your Patriotic Duty, Have More Kids

That’s the point. He’s really only talking to the rich. You know, those exemplars like DJ, Eric, and Ivanka.

6 Likes

yeah, but then it’s back to Atlas Shrugged.

9 Likes

2 reasons -

1. They do not look white

2. Encouraging immigrants takes away one of the most effective wedge issues they have used against the Democrats in recent history. Meaning they will have nothing to run on anymore.

There are millions of people already paying into the system, who will never benefit from it and millions more whom, given the chance will start paying into the system right away to make it more secure than ever but the Republicans refuse to acknowledge that they exist. Enforce the law is all they can scream about, regardless of the negative ramifications.

4 Likes

"And when we have tens of millions of people right here in this country falling short of their potential, not working, not looking for a job, or not in school getting a skill to get a job, that’s a problem.”

Problem’s posterboy:

10 Likes

Well, there’s a climate change denier, for ya. Didn’t I just read that the Millennial generation is even larger than the Boomers?

3 Likes

“We have something like a 90 percent increase in the retirement population in America, but only a 19 percent increase in the working population in America,” he continued. “So what do we have to do? Be smarter, more efficient, more technology? Still going to need more people. And when we have tens of millions of people right here in this country falling short of their potential, not working, not looking for a job, or not in school getting a skill to get a job, that’s a problem.”

Ok Paul you have identified a problem, but you haven’t put forth policies aimed at solving the problem. Cutting the programs is a non-starter. The alternatives are to increase revenue or to find other places to reduce expenditures. That means more taxes or cutting programs. More revenue isn’t generated by cutting taxes on your rich friends, The big place to reduce expenditures is to cut the defense budget. You don’t seem to be willing to put the DOD on a diet.

8 Likes

Paging Trent Franks!

8 Likes

How about means testing you idiot??? Social Security isn’t a savings account, it’s a SAFETY NET!
The last thing we need is more people. The world is already overpopulated, and food production is already a challenge.

9 Likes

Ryan, just so you know, there’s about a 70% chance you didn’t father those kids. No woman in her right mind would want to have you near her

3 Likes

What Paulie seems to not be able to grasp is that with falling birth rates, less revenue coming in, then his and Norquist’s dreams of a smaller government will come to fruition. Except that pesky military industrial complex addiction where they’ll need more money and more bodies.
Falling populations would also decrease one side of Congress, which would give the House more power.
With sea levels rising, less land and he wants more kids?

2 Likes

But then how could he get himself ready for Ms. Ryan?

1 Like

High cost of Medical care.
High cost of housing.
High cost of education.
High cost of food and energy.

Sure, these would make anyone want to have more workers, I mean kids.

13 Likes

I did my part, but, you know, we need to have higher birth rates in
this country, meaning, baby boomers are retiring and we have
fewer people following them in the work force.”

Oh right Paulie…blame old folks you puke. And you end up giving away the store to donors and other rich folk and giant companies and leave scraps for the not so well off.
Merry Christmas Paulie.
And this is just a portent of what you are planning for next year when you deal death to Medicare and Social Security. You claim Obama care is crashing and burning. Well yeah when you do everything possible to kill it you little fuck.! This is why I cannot countenance a republican. Exactly why. You willfully damage something and then point at it and say “Lookie here folks, it’s busted”! Like I said elsewhere, I did a lot of work on how to diagnose ovarian cancer early and you folks thought it wise to cut research funding so, Paulie, do not come to me whining about your wife’s tumor, OK buddy? Just pray about it and let God take care of it.
Oh yeah, Paulie, poll numbers are saying about 26% of us like the tax bill (source CNN), so there’s that to chew on.

6 Likes

And that is not even going into the impact their own student loan debt has on graduates, I know several couples where roughly one of the partners entire paycheck each month goes to paying down the couples student loans. Kinda hard to afford one kid in a situation like that let alone the two you would need to maintain the population or the three you would need to grow it.

2 Likes

1 Like

O/T Breaking:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/12/14/rubio-a-no-on-gop-tax-bill-unless-tax-credit-for-working-poor-is-expanded/?pushid=5a32c5bbb0a05c1d000000c8&tidr=notifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.f732523ec0e7

8 Likes

The Paul Ryan is retiring story seems to have been confirmed by multiple sources now. It looks more likely that he will announce that he is not running for re-election as Randy Bryce is going to make him work and why would people vote for a guy who isn’t going to be there anyway?

It’s a terrible recruiting method for Ryan/GOP. How do you get quality candidates to run when your Speaker is retiring? I think Ryan will have to step down in the 1st quarter of next year so that they can have an election for Speaker and figure out who can be their leader.

If this tax bill passes, Ryan will leave having passed a bill that adds $1 trillion - $2 trillion to the debt. But I think there’s more here. Ryan is giving up on his Ayn Rand dream. All he’s doing is passing a crazier version of the Bush tax cut. He won’t be able to pass the massive spending cut portion of this. What Ryan is tacitly conceding is that the GOP isn’t going to win this ideological battle on the role of government. They may get a short term win, but the Dems will take over and they will impose a much more progressive budget that has the broad support of a higher percentage of white voters than we’ve seen since the early 60s.

This past year has caused me to re-think a few things on taxation. I’m having trouble seeing a social purpose for billionaires. They create more problems than they solve. They distort housing, equities and securities markets all over the world, and many are corrupt. They seem to have no earthly idea where to find good returns because they have too much of it and lack a real incentives to support the collective good. I’d favor a type of alternative minimum tax on all sources of gross revenue (income, passive or active, annuities, capital gains, pass through, corporate dividends etc) and really jack it up for those whose audited net worth (not reported income) exceeding $1 billion.

14 Likes

Oh god they probably role play Eddie Munster and Lilly.

1 Like

Wow!!!

3 Likes

Especially the alleged one in the WH.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available