Discussion: Paul Ryan to American Public: Do Your Patriotic Duty, Have More Kids

Nothing. Now move to your one bedroom tenement with your seven children, and remember: you’re doing it for Uncle Sam.

1 Like

Perfect way to set himself up for a 2020 run. This has always been a big issue for the so called Reformacons like Ross Douthat and Reihan Salam who wrote a book about conservative ways to combat inequality and support families.

Personally I’m more in favor of the Tim Kaine Michael Bennett proposal of a flat subsidy per child in the form of a check of around $3k per child.
It’s easier and will be spent as a demand side measure.

She was forced to marry a GOP lawmaker, of course she does

His problem is that I understand that idea all too well. Let me ask, did the Ryan brood all sleep in the same room?

Just for the record, Sam Brownback made this same pitch to a high school assembly back when he was running for his first reelection to the Senate. Roy Moore isn’t necessarily an outlier in the Republican Party. Gang Of Pedophiles.

2 Likes

This modern world looks a lot better than the one I grew up in. Have faith in the future.

Jeeze the day is in the sewer…
Paulie vents at old folks.
Ma Hamhock is blathering more lies from the WH press podium
and my truck is in the shop.

goddammit.

4 Likes

Hey! Can i have a hit of that?

@darrtown, and net neutrality is dead.

The future looked a lot brighter when I could indulge my weed habit.

3 Likes

See @hornblower.

The Nazi’s name for this project was Lebensborn.

3 Likes

Why? So the GOP can have more taxpayers to screw over

1 Like

I really don’t know what you mean but the Cold War, Vietnam and no air conditioning were a real pain.

Yup. It’s all very Kinder, Küche, Kirche — mothers who pumped out a lot of kids during the Third Reich were honored as heroes.

I always thought the Hitler comparisons were cheap, but with more and more stuff like this happening, I am revising my opinion…

2 Likes

I’m just in a REALLY ANGRY mood right now so bear with me for the balance of the day.
( heads for liquor cabinet)

5 Likes

Not only that but there has been an increase of deaths of despair among mostly rural whites.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-23/white-working-class-death-rate-to-be-elevated-for-a-generation

I know.

Personally, I would reverse those priorities for happiness 1) Let the tax bill fail 2) Let Paul Ryan disappear (although I worry about someone more effective than he is getting the speaker job).

2 Likes

SNL is going to be fun this week !

2 Likes

Of course not … his expectations regarding others have nothing to do with him - he is “privileged” and awesomely obtuse.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available