Discussion: Paul Ryan to American Public: Do Your Patriotic Duty, Have More Kids

Where the hell did they find such a moron as in Paul Ryan?

The US has a paralyzing human over population crisis already…most of the problems facing our nation is the result of way too many people in the US. We are just over 325 million and growing, we doubled our population just during the baby boomer generation alone, we have water shortages, we have huge congestion and infrastructure problems in every major US city, we have food shortages, we have housing shortages, and we are definitely causing climate change, global warming, and sea level rise. And Paul Ryan says we need more ababies (more people). The dude is a complete moron…an ignoramus if there ever was one.

Many of America’s problems will be resolved and the standard of living will rise for all IF we start to gradually reduce our population back to around 185 million to 190 million. We don’t need population growth…we need a plan to gradually reduce our population.

Ryan is a simpleton…couldn’t pass Macro-Economics 101. Why do we have such substandard thinkers like Ryan and Trump and McConnell and Sessions and others leading the Republican Party…these guys are clowns.

2 Likes

Contraception doesn’t always work. It’s a weird and somewhat stupid belief they have, but they really do seem…at least to me…to think the argument is “they’ll stop reproducing if we make it so hard on them that having a baby is economic ruin.” To the extent data and reality show it doesn’t work like that…that the poor actually tend to reproduce more…doesn’t matter, because we’re talking about GOPers.

1 Like

Can’t afford them on your tax bill. Ryan certainly has done more harm than good. The little big eared pencilnecked pipsqueak read one book, Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged, to get his Law of
the Jungle, Survival of the Fittest, economic philosophy, where the rich and powerful justifiably rule and the rest of humanity and their institutions from government through the media must pay homage and bow before. You know the Republican billionaire’s Koch’s, Adelson, Friess,Singer, Lancone, Thiel, Mercer, Ricketts, Marrott, Singer, Braman, Dore, Simmons, Katzenberg, Johnson, VanderSloot, etc that support and run theRepublican Party in their own interests. The Republican Billionaires Welfare Tax Plan, at the expense of everyone else being the latest example.

1 Like

Oh, is that why Ryan asked for the ethics committee hearing into Franks, to get rid of the competition?

2 Likes

Ryan what jobs are these mythical workers who leap from the womb fully formed (They’ll have to be since you’re slashing education and health care otherwise none of them will make it to adulthood.) going to perform?

Because, from what I’ve heard today’s CEOs only know what jobs they’ll be cutting in the next ten to twenty years they aren’t making new jobs. In fact, I heard they were just asking the economists where the new jobs were going to come from.

1 Like

Or you could just extend citizenship.

Perhaps he could suggest giving medals to women with a certain number of children. Bronze for three, silver for four, gold for five, and platinum for six or more. This is what the fascists did during WWII. Also, little flags could be issued with each medal and displayed in the window (just so we know who’s patriotic and who isn’t).

2 Likes

Paul’s channeling one of his favorite characters, his hero Mr. Potter:

“A discontented, lazy rabble instead of a thrifty working class.”

Dumbass. All complex societies NEED in migration as the birthrate always falls once a society is industrialized.

Immigration should make up the lag.

But no, old stupid with the blue eyes doesn’t get it.

2 Likes

It’s called Lebensborn.

The Politico article indicated he was looking at stepping down right after next years election,or in other words, staying on as Speaker, not run, and then let the GOP choose a new Minority leader after the midterms.

He may very well like to step down in the 1st quarter, but I think he would be ripped to shreds if he tried. He has a truckload of “must do” stuff to get down in the 1st quarter, most of which is going to make him extremely unpopular within his own caucus. He is going to need to pass a budget, raise the debt limit, raise spending levels still imposed, and deal with CHIPs and DACA, Oh, and there is this little thing of fund raising for the House during an election cycle. Passing that off in the 1 Quarter would make him persona non gratta for years to come, and when rest of the GOP won’t answer your calls, your attractiveness as a lobbyist plummets.

And while dealing with all of that will make him unpopular, nobody else wants to walk in and clean up that mess. Which brings up another, very real, very huge problem. There simply isn’t any sort of line of succession in place for the Speaker (or the Minority leader after we take back the House) on the GOP side. His #2 is still McCarthy, who crashed and burned when he tried to run after Boehner stepped down, and has done little to improve his standing, #3 is Scailise, who doesn’t have broad enough support within the GOP caucus. I am not sure anyone does.

What the GOP REALLY doesn’t want to deal with, is having to find a Speaker, hold an election at the start of the midterm election cycle.

No, they will MAKE him stick around until after the midterm elections. Though I think its very possible he will announce his retirement in the 1st quarter, and Bryce picks up his seat.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can recruit with a Speaker who is half way out the door. It’s like a retiring coach trying to recruit a talented basketball player to a college program when that coach has announced he’s leaving. It doesn’t work. It hurts fundraising too. I also don’t think he can beat Bryce with a half hearted effort, which is what his campaign would look like. He’s done.

I don’t think so. Ryan’s goal with the tax bill is precisely what it was with the failed healthcare bills and is what he was babbling about at keggers in college…he wants to eliminate, or at least gut, Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. Its been his passion for years.

So I don’t think he would be looking at just some short term, window dressing type of bill. He wants something that will be very hard to tear down after he leaves. Unfortunately for him, he is just not that capable of a lawmaker or Speaker to pull something like that off. That’s why he has such a huge backload of stuff the House NEEDS to get down right now…he simply isn’t very good at this job. The reality is he blew through almost the entire year on the failed healthcare bills, and has since tossed all the heavy lifting for everything…including this tax bill fiasco…over to McConnell to deal with. While he keeps asking for extensions on a CR, because he simply didn’t bother actually producing a budget bill.

3 Likes

O he’s terrible there’s no doubt about it. I’m reasonably sure that Turtle Man would like to kill him. I have no idea what is actually in his head so you could be right just as easily.

1 Like

Since climate change is a hoax, this makes perfect sense. No environmental consequences to overpopulation.

3 Likes

Oh, I agree on his campaign. I think he is done. But there isn’t going to be a big recruitment drive for new people to run for House at this late date, and what there is, is going to be mounted at the local and state levels (where it usually is done).

The fundraising problem is very real though, but Ryan has never been particularly good at that part of the job anyway. (One of my suspicions is, that is how he got dirtied by the Russians…They showed up with suitcases of cash, and he took the easy way out of a part of the job he hates). That is also why the pressure is on so heavily to get a tax bill passed…its the Hail Mary for donations, if they blow this, they will be scrounging for pennies in the gutter. It won’t matter who the Speaker is.

Keep in mind, from the articles I have seen, this really isn’t some big surprise to republicans in the know. They all expect that he would step down/retire after 2018. What kind of shocks me about that is, then why they hell are they not getting someone ready to run in his place?

This is actually the thing that surprised me most about Chaffetz’s resignation. I thought he was clearly going to be the guy when they finally got tired of Ryan.

3 Likes

Definitely. That too.

1 Like

Here I have an idea. STOP USING IT AS A SLUSH FUND, pay back the money you’ve robbed from the fund, up the limit we pay in and stop pretending it’s an entitlement.

2 Likes

Hey, pssst, Paul. I know where you could find some uncommnly law-abiding, hard-working, well-educated young folk who could strengthen our economy while baby boomers retire. They’re called Dreamers, and they’re standing ready to help.

2 Likes

And wages are stagnant. If people made a higher wage/salary, there would be more money going into SS. And no one has a right to tell women to have more children. NO ONE, EVER.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available