Discussion: Paul Ryan to American Public: Do Your Patriotic Duty, Have More Kids

Great point on Chaffetz – except I gotta believe that a lot of those Texans and southerners wouldn’t be happy with a Jewish Mormon as their Speaker. Is McCarthy just too stupid?

A bit off point, but my greatest concern at this point is how the Russian-Republican Axis of Evil may figure out a way to mess with the election equipment.

1 Like

Yes. Nor has he done himself any favors since the last election where he was deemed too stupid by his peers. He is the one that started the taped conversation about Rohrbaker and Trump receiving Russian money and Ryan hurriedly tried to shut up. He got caught fooling around with Elmers from NC.

But the bigger point still stands I think…looking around the House GOP caucus, I just don’t see anybody ready to step up and be Speaker.

2 Likes

They had a very difficult time getting Ryan to be Speaker.

Fine = no Speaker and then the elections and we retake Congress. Problem solved.

2 Likes

And, oh…don’t forget to get that extra job to support us while you struggle to maintain a sustinance existence…

That’s never stopped them before. :grin: Maybe, they could bring Coach Hastert out of retirement. Orange is the new black, y’know.

Hmm 11,000 births a day, 7000 deaths a day, millinials, have now surpassed baby boomers in population in the US.

Paul, Do your patriotic duty. Shoot yourself.

This is a White Racist Eugenics theme. When I first got out of school I worked on Wall St and one of my entering class mates was German American, as was her husband. I had the misfortune of sharing a long train ride with her one day and she regaled me with her and hubby’s views that the white educated stock needed to reproduce at least at the same rate as the rest of us (meaning me). And fuck Paul Ryan for trying to impose his Two Toilet Irish Catholic views on contraception on the rest of the country. He is a scumbag as someone pointed out very early in the comments.

3 Likes

That we won’t help you feed, shelter, heal, or educate.

Take your rand-infected faux catholicism and go to hell.

3 Likes

My dad once told someone that he had four kids for the babyboom to beat the Russians. I was standing right there so I guess he thought I’d be fine with it. I was a little shocked. But I guess that makes me a weapon of sorts.

But I guess that makes me a weapon of sorts.

Cool.

1 Like

This is a favorite ploy of right-wingers like Paul Ryan, blame the poor, working, and middle-classes and call them names like “unpatriotic” for making perfectly rational decisions. If Paul were making a working class salary, I’d like to see him figure out how to pay childcare costs for a 2nd or 3rd child, when he and his wife were working full-time. busting a gut, to pay the bills with just one child. It is the anti-working-people policies of the right: slashing the safety net, bashing unions, reducing support for working families that is one of the main forces driving lower birth rates.
Take a look at the advanced countries of Europe and Asia. There are some frightening cautionary tales. Most of those countries are currently in a low-fertility trap. Because of these countries’ low-birth rates, each generation is smaller than the previous, which means that there are fewer women of reproductive age in each successive generation, who in turn have still fewer children for the next generation. If Paul Ryan were familiar with the extensive demographic research that has been done on the topic, he would know that the very few countries that have been able to avoid the low-fertility trap, like France and the Scandinavian countries, provide robust and comprehensive support for young families, like extended, paid-parental leave for new parents, heavily subsidized childcare, etc. Thank God for immigration or the American economy in the long-term may be doomed to experience a shrinking employment base with an ever-increasing number of the aging to support. Can you say “Japan”?

3 Likes

From today’s Politico hagiography:

Ryan was the man of the hour. Having spent a quarter-century in Washington—as an intern, waiter, junior think-tanker, Hill staffer and, since 1999, as a member of Congress—he had never wavered in his obsession with fixing what he viewed as the nation’s two fundamental weaknesses: its Byzantine tax system and ballooning entitlement state. Now, with House Republicans celebrating the once-in-a-generation achievement of a tax overhaul, Ryan was feeling both jubilant and relieved—and a little bit greedy.

Really? Little Eddie Munster is celebrating because he’s birthed this grotesque Frankenstein of a tax bill? Even stupid little he couldn’t possibly rationalize that this particular bill is the one he wanted all these years. Could he?

Growth of the human population and the human economy equals devastating destruction for all other species.

1 Like

At least he’s not advocating killing old people. Silver lining, right? Oh wait, he wants to gut Social Security and Medicare?

No shit. And a baby born today ain’t gonna solve the current problem. Make all income/earnings, whatever, subject to SS taxation and whatever pays for Medicare.

Gen Y is still number two until the boomers begin dying off in 1, 2,…

1 Like

that was Stalin’s idea - if you had 8 you would get a medal and didn’t have to work in the factory any more. see how happy the russians are now?

1 Like

fewer resources every year, de-regulated dirty water dirty air, environmental destruction,bad job market for the middle classes, cutting education funding, no health care - yes, more kids will solve all of that

1 Like

Was this Ayn Rand’s solution – Breed ???

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available