Discussion: Rep. Schiff ‘Worried’ GOP Plans To Shut Down House Intel’s Russia Probe

And I can smell most of them from all the way over here…

wait. who are we talking about again?

Remind me again, who is Buck?

Hm, how can I answer this? Oh! I know!!

“Well I’ve been called a delusional from time to time, but I don’t know about any such actions, and I never spoke to any Psychiatrists and I’m afraid I can’t comment on that.”

— From my psych ward nomination * ahem * I mean Senate confirmation hearings on the topic of my alleged conversations with invisible * ahem * I mean foreign people.

And yes, I’m fully aware that you weren’t addressing me. I mean, c’mon, I’m not delusional!

2 Likes

But he had it memorialized in a painted portrait? I found that somewhat ironic since personal portraits are usually a vanity thing, and in this case, vanity really is a pointless exercise.

No offenses intended. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We must call our reps and senators and tell them that there will be a price extracted if they try to pull this off and it will be steep. Once they pass their draconian tax bill, they’ll be drunk on their power and more vulnerable to calls to kill the investigations and throttle Mueller. Don’t allow it to happen. Call.

1 Like

I wish I shared your optimism.

The Democrats have gone along with almost everything else. Even when Bush was President and they were in the Majority. Torture, civil forfeiture, militarization of police, mass incarceration of African Americans, warrantless spying, endless wars, and Presidential kill lists have all been done with the help of Democrats.

Not surprised that this breaks out shortly after Trump has a call with Putin. IIRC that was also true of the Comey firing.

Disasters come in many forms: It was worse than a crime, it was a blunder.

OH, the expect it will work about as well as their other plans – their health plan and their tax plans: First assume a unicorn …

OH, really? What’s with the voter suppression and the gerrymandering then?

Run for office- the 2018 elections are less than a year away! And if Trump and Louie Gohmert can get elected what’s to stop a qualified candidate?

Become a Precinct Committee Officer, sometimes it’s a Ward officer. You’ll meet with neighborhood Dems and get out the vote. Find good citizens willing to run for office.

Register people to vote. If you need to help people overcome the GOP-led Voter run-around help them do that.

Run for School Board. Make sure Civics is being properly taught. Think a majority of America knows how government works? Just 26% of eligible voters in America voted for Trump and half of eligible voters stayed home last November. Today’s 12-year olds will be voting for President in 8 years.

Run for Mayor, City Council, County Commissioner, Borough Assembly.

Get appointed to your Planning Commission. Know everything going on in your community.

Run for State Legislature or Congress. The next census is in 2020, just over 2 years from now, when we redraw Congressional Districts.

And get rid of GERRYMANDERING! Safe GOP seats gave us such intellectual giants as Louie Gohmert and Steve King. In most cases it’s the state Legislature that draws Congressional boundaries. Make it FAIR, OPEN and HONEST! We can do this!

Overturn Citizens United. Money is NOT speech and Corporations are NOT people- at least not until Texas executes one, and overturn any voter ID laws that are clearly an attempt to disenfranchise the poor and people of color.

“If you’re disappointed by your elected officials, grab a clipboard, get some signatures, and run for office yourself.”
-President Barack Obama

“Those who would purposely mislead or seek to confuse others are bad people. Worse, they are evil.”
-Kathleen Parker

You Got To Run!

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know if they even have an “endgame”, at least in the terms of how you and I think about these matter. I tend to think that this is all a massive “mood management” exercise for Donald. Every time he hears about any aspect of the Russian investigation, he sees it about him, and him only. As we move forward, he isn’t going to be wrong about that.

They have treated this, and continue to treat this, as some big PR issue, and not a legal one. Donald is getting angry and throwing tantrums because the PR is increasing very negative about him. So he wants it all to simply…go away. Do away with the Senate investigations, do away with the House investigations, fire Mueller, purge the FBI and no more bad PR, right?

Except everyone else with half a functioning brain knows that isn’t what will happen. Even if he achieved all of that…there will still be a “what’s next”. And it will be negative.

The very scary thing about this particular path is…people that are going along and rewarding Trump’s desires, in order to keep him in a good move, don’t seem to realize there will be a “what’s next”, either…and Trump will merely escalate his cries to make it go away. If that includes gunning down everyone in the country who disagrees with him, so be it.

So while it does lend itself to a full on authoritarian state, its not so much by design, as it is, just trying to cater to the increasing erratic mood swings of an mentally ill person who simply cannot handle reality.

To butcher an old phrase that kind of shows what I mean, “Its not a good plan for making the trains run on time”

6 Likes

Sounds educational. But imagine if you had more than 300 million beans in it. Big 'ol mess.

5 Likes

Yes it is. Rosenstein straight up lied to Congress yesterday.

And did so in the furtherance of the beginnings of a purge of FBI agents that Donald doesn’t like. While saying Mueller is fine.

If I were Mueller, I wouldn’t walk away with a warm fuzzy based on that.

1 Like

The consensus of the repubs obsession with the DOJ release of the private emails was proof positive of their want to slam the FBI, Mueller, and the rest to provide cover for drumpf to fire Mueller and they will shut down the Russian collusion and elections meddling…
Bloody arses…The Rosenstein hearings were an obsessive compulsive full force rethug attack.

Schiff is correct.

Along with this effort to support rape of the Nation…

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/study-reveals-higher-taxes-and-less-social-spending-led-to-nazi-support-in-1930s/

1 Like

Gerrymandering in plain sight for a long time now. Attempts to increase the span of foxification of the news.

3 Likes

I just wrote my Congresscritter and reminded him that it was not the righteous Jesus flogged out of the temple. It was the greedy. Sometimes throwing the Bible back at these fools is the only way to get through to them, and even then, some of them are impervious.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much how it looks to me, like a very Trumpian doubling down on the original bad bet, with no particular serious thought about how it’s likely to play out. It’s a classic example of people unwilling to deal with a clear problem that demands sacrifices to solve. It’s one of the commoner elements in history’s major debacles.

3 Likes

I completely agree. This too needs play in the MSM echo chamber, perhaps it would prompt action (or give pause to congressional agitators like Gowdy)

@sanni

2 Likes

He’ll just write back that Jesus chased the moneylenders out because they were lending money at ruinously low rates, thus encouraging the poor to live beyond their means in actual huts rather than crouching in ditches in all weathers, getting their characters built. They said that eight years ago; I don’t know why they wouldn’t say it today.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available