Discussion: Rep. Schiff ‘Worried’ GOP Plans To Shut Down House Intel’s Russia Probe

I see. That explains the four indictments and guilty pleas that has been handed down so far.

2 Likes

darrtown, I feel the same way. I can understand the variety of reasons people voted for Trump and how this clusterfuck occurred, but at the gut level I continue to circle back to “how did this happen and who are these people?” I just moved to the States from Canada (I have dual citizenship) and it is so bewildering and, honestly, at times, horrifying. Particularly as a young Jewish woman I feel nervous in a way I have never experienced. Maybe I’m over reacting, but when I think tens of millions of people voted for trump I too am deeply disturbed.

1 Like

Russia helped Trump win the election. Trump knowingly took that help through his eager agents. Trump tried to lift sanctions in defiance of Congress.

If the Republicans had any balls, he’s be impeached already.

2 Likes

Nothing in the dossier has been disproven, a lot has been proven. So good luck with that.

1 Like

Get undisturbed.

The people who voted for him were chosen and groomed to vote for him by Russia. Data Analytics picked them out and made them Trump’s.

1 Like

The only way to get to that is elect democrats and to a veto level majority in both chambers.
Unfortunately.

1 Like

Well that IS the remedy that the founders established for us when they wrote the constitution. We resolve these things mostly at the ballot box. We were the first country to do it this way and it is a better way in general.

1 Like

I’m relatively certain the vast majority of Trump voters were huge fans of his TV show and think he’s a cool guy.

Rude Awakening in progress.

2 Likes

It’s funny, I forgot he even had a show unless people brought it up. I have never seen a single episode. And it’s not like I don’t watch some shitty television, because I definitely do. But I always knew Trump as New York real estate crook. I never imagined that people would connect him with a reality game show and base his governing skills on 40 minutes of weekly edited footage. But, I guess I’m the idiot here.

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad, I’ve never watched it either. :slight_smile:

Reality TV is pure fantasy.

(BTW, the “like” was for the entire post except the last sentence. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Here’s a bromide for ya’ll. Sorry Josh for bringing in Rawstory, but they never take the weekend off. As for me, like all news junkies, or junkies for that matter, I am always looking for more!

2 Likes

Maybe this has something to do with it.

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2017/12/15/putins-proxies-helped-funnel-millions-gop-campaigns

1 Like

Yeah think that’s all exactly right and I tend to say so often.

I don’t know why people tend to agree with Trump that he’s above the law but he is not.

3 Likes

We are approaching what seems likely to become the Holiday break massacre (or Christmas break massacre for the right wing snowflakes). A very, very dire situation as we all know the Republican Congress is adding and abetting this. Impeachment is off the table. Our last line of defense appears to be the 2018 elections. We started out this week with a sliver of hope. However, I worry that the outcome of this week’s election will only further enhance the Republican traitor’s resolve to suppress, de-ligitimize, and sow chaos (with Russia’s help of course) into the 2018 elections. Wisconsin and Michigan are owned by the Koch brothers. We know what happened in 2016. There are no guarantees for the fall elections. I don’t know where we go from here.

1 Like

It was way more than a fucking sliver and if you want to worry go ahead but it doesn’t solve anything.

We won all over Virginia too. The GOP is running scared. But for some reason lots of Democrats are shaking in their shoes and for the life of me I do not know why.

He is not going to just get to do any old thing he wants to do and neither is the GOP. This is still a representative Democratic Republic that belongs to us. Everybody needs to pull up their socks and quit letting this bullshit scare you. I’ll be goddamned if I’m letting Trump or anyone of the morons who support him scare me.

3 Likes

Yet!

He is not above the law in theory, but so long as he can stay ahead of the law by whatever means, he is de facto, not under the law.

That’s like saying that Tony Soprano was defacto not under the law as long as he got away with it.

That is not how the law works and it is catching up with Trump in ways he can’t imagine yet. He should have never run for the presidency - he could have kept laundering money for the Russians and ogling teenage pageant contestants. But no, he put himself in the position where Reality is the biggest it ever is for a human being and it’s coming for him and right on his heels.

In geometric terms, you can be ahead of and under something at the same time. More to the point, we are not talking about a police chase, like OJ in the Bronco. That will come later. Trump is subject to the law, no matter what his actual status is: ie; indicted, convicted or sentenced.

1 Like

Or appointing a second special counsel to look into the FBI’s decision not to indict Hillary Clinton over the emails…while Mike Pence in Indiana and Scott Pruitt in Oklahoma were doing exactly what they are all screaming that HRC did.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available