Discussion: Rep. Schiff ‘Worried’ GOP Plans To Shut Down House Intel’s Russia Probe

Watching Ari Melber after Toddler always helps my blood pressure return to normal levels. :grinning:

11 Likes

I posted this earlier today. Even if you don’t read the whole thing just go down the list of the 6 phases to get rid of Mueller. It’s happening right in front of our eyes by a One Party government in the US.

1 Like

I feel like it has a place in a conversation about the potential consequences of current events.

I’m not cowering in a corner. But I simply see dark times ahead. Fair enough if you don’t agree. I’m simply concerned that many Dems/liberals/decent people aren’t taking the threats seriously enough. The boiling frog thing again, hope for best, prepare for worst, etc.

5 Likes

Actually they WERE but once it is transparent, once we found out what happened in the last election, that makes it very difficult for them to do again and if they pull shit on the public again, I don’t think the public will say OK.

In Alabama on Tuesday, African American turnout was at 98%. Somehow they managed to vote.

12 Likes

The evidence we have that Chuck Todd is a conventional-wisdom-regurgitating mediocrity who doesn’t know a goddamn thing far outweighs the evidence we have, which is next to none, that attempting to shut these investigations down would simply blow over. Cynicism about the GOP, no matter how deep and how justified, doesn’t suffice to make that an inescapable conclusion. A half-million people marched in Washington the day after Trump was inaugurated simply because he was Trump. I don’t think blowing over is in the cards.

16 Likes

Since you brought that up twice, I’m compelled to remind you it’s bullshit.

8 Likes

You and James Fallows. It makes him nuts when people use that one. The frog says “this water is too hot now” and jumps out. Gradual changes can lull people, yeah. But the frog one doesn’t work.

7 Likes

It’s a well-known figure of speech to convey the effects of slow-moving but drastic changes. Give me a break, guys.

3 Likes

I’m afraid to ask how you came to learn that secret. You have more patience that most.

4 Likes

OT, but oh look, more weaponized accusations. Good thing we established the “no process” precedent, eh?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/15/kansas-democrat-andrea-ramsey-drops-out-house-race-over-2005-harassment-suit.html

4 Likes

WTF???

She had a damned good chance of winning!

1 Like

Fasten your seat belts it’s gonna be one hell of a ride.

But, we’re full speed ahead on reopening Benghazi, added Gowdy. Anyone got anything? Anyone? Anything?

1 Like

I think that we’re headed to a dystopia as follows:

• Continued massive transfer of wealth to top 1% while starving the government of money.
  • Massively reduce all entitlement and safety net spending in the name of deficit reduction.
  • Increase spending on military and policing. Use military technology in policing to squelch dissent and manage protests.

All 3 of these are well under way. Who is going to stop them?

7 Likes

yeah, I’m sick of hearing that too. Keeping an eye on developments, but I don’t think Reps have the guts to do anything drastic. Be prepared for anything though.

2 Likes

Ah. I wondered where the comments about Kushner’s imminent legal trouble were coming from.

13 Likes

Gee, but her emails.

6 Likes

It’s very simple. Only partisan Republicans are allowed to investigate Republicans, but only Republican partisans can investigate Democrats. Otherwise, the investigation is tainted.

12 Likes

I mean, i suppose it’s always possible that a woman could accost a man, but it’s so freakin’ rare, and i certainly never pegged Andrea Ramsey of needing to do that! I need to hear from a woman 'round here to fill me in on what i don’t know about being a woman.

That came out wrong. Stay on topic. Please.

1 Like

Doesn’t make you a bad person. Personally I can live with it for just that reason. I think for Fallows it’s just one of those pet peeves, the kind of thing you choose to be annoyed by from all the range of potentially annoying things available for selection.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available