Discussion: Rep. Schiff ‘Worried’ GOP Plans To Shut Down House Intel’s Russia Probe

I know this one. It’s a choice.

4 Likes

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! I was afraid of that!

3 Likes

It’s the part where they don’t think this is is going to help them rather than destroy them that leaves me most bemused. It’s like they think treason is just going to go away like his tax returns did.

Grasping desperately for a silver lining though, shutting down the House investigation would have the effect of turning off the Nunes to Trump pipeline.

8 Likes

They did?

I think that they might get away with it. They have the money and the power.

Todd is replaying the Kennedy questions to Petersen at the hearing, so he gets a star for that one.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t this be considered obstruction of justice? If they do do did better find a new job because they won’t have one after the next election they’ll be out on their ear if not sooner.
Protect the trader in the White House at your own risk Republicans.

1 Like

Money and power tend to be fleeting things.

Trump, too, shall pass into the dustbin of history. Or maybe a dumpster fire.

5 Likes

Yeah, well, that’s like inviting an accusation isn’t it?

5 Likes

That’s like trying to run Windows software on an Apple (or vice versa, in case anyone decided to take umbrage by reading something into which platform is which).

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

If you have anything, Adam, now’s the time to run it up the flagpole. It’s kind of difficult to run an investigation when one side has never had any intention of getting at the truth.

2 Likes

Thankfully, Robespierre taught us the cure.

2 Likes

In what world does this happen? In what criminal case is it learned something about an investigator that the criminal case itself stops being investigated?

“Sorry ma’am, we found out one of the investigators in your husband’s murder posted an inappropriate meme on Facebook. Because of this, the investigator has been fired and the investigation itself has to be closed. Damn shame.”

12 Likes

Best part of the WaPo article:

At least one firm, Mercury Public Affairs, passed up the opportunity to work with Kushner’s team, people familiar with the discussions said. Mercury’s lobbying work has also come under scrutiny by Mueller, which could have complicated its ability to represent Kushner.

Michael McKeon, a partner at Mercury, declined to comment. The firm, which has not been accused of wrongdoing by Mueller’s team, has said it is cooperating with investigators.

Kushner is largely represented in the White House by Josh Raffel, who joined the administration earlier this year to handle media inquiries for the Office of American Innovation, which Kushner leads.

heehee.

5 Likes

Me? Nah…I’m a totally incompetent boob with hyperarticulate Dunning-Kruger syndrome.

2 Likes

Like a lion kills an antelope.
Like a hammer kills a cantelope
He is the anti-pope

2 Likes

A star is over the top IMO.

2 Likes

IMHO it’s time for Mueller to indict Nunes. He was on the transition team and is very dirty no doubt. Get him off the committee with OofJ charge. .

2 Likes

It’s the first one I’ve ever given him. It’s okay.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available