Discussion: Republicans Gleeful Over Secured Tax Bill Votes: 'This Is Happening'

19 Likes

The folks over at Fox News seem to be adept in various dialects as well…or is that plain old propaganda. Hard to tell in this day and age.

I would have to agree with this piece of shit that what they’re about to do is TRULY historic. A historic catastrophe, but historic. Thanks for nothing.

1 Like

When Steve’s right, he’s right.

3 Likes

Major and achievement are not neutral terms. Saying GOP passes bill is neutral.

2 Likes

As explained to my grandkids, it’s like stealing Tiny Tim’s crutch, selling it & giving the money to Scrooge.

7 Likes

I hate Paul Ryan.

6 Likes

The hidden blessing in all this Seasonal Scroogery by the GOP should not be overlooked—this will come back to bite Republicans in the ass next November.

And it will draw blood and leave a mark.

7 Likes

Ryan is a dick—with no balls.

1 Like

Past words
Time for action

4 Likes

Running up massive debt is always the plan of the GOP. By doing it, the GOP ensures that American workers are turned into indentured servants, working to pay off the immoral debt incurred by the 1% (which reaps all the rewards). There really is a time when armed rebellion is the answer. We’re back to the days of the 1920s when income disparity and grotesque inequity brought on the Great Depression. The wealthiest 1% literally relies on the police state to make sure we peasants don’t really take over; it’s why Jeff Sessions is attacking civil rights and our democratic institutions are being shredded. Folks, it’s really not hyperbole to say that a very, very dark era is coming; we may well be embroiled in a second Civil War, and I’m going to happily fight for the 99%. Fuck the republicans and the whores they rode in on.

6 Likes

I have some books you might be interested in burning.
Start Goosesteppin’ baby - it won’t be long

1 Like

“Most critics out there didn’t think it could happen. … And now we’re on the doorstep of something truly historic.”

Most “critics” didn’t think you would put party so firmly in front of country, the rich so firmly in front of everyone else, profits so firmly in front of humanity. But there you go – and that is truly historic. Of course a lot of “history” isn’t necessarily something to which you’d want your name attached… but again, there you go.

3 Likes

Unfortunately Plato says that in the context of presenting a (supposedly) perfectly just city where everything including sexual relations is completely regulated by the state and which is divided into 3 rigid classes where the people in the bottom class are made to believe a “noble lie” about their origins. (He also says democracy is next to bottom in terms of forms of government, just one better than tyranny.) But it’s a nice sentiment.

1 Like

He did a lot of stuff better …like describing where we are today
You could power NY City with the energy created by him spinning in his grave
Always worth another view at times like this

3 Likes

It’s Obama’s fault (Always)

2 Likes

I find this sad that the bill include health care that will result in 13 million people losing their heath insurance and our premiums going up 10%, and they are gleeful for that result. Where are their Christian values, or basic humanity.

4 Likes

when the stock market bubble bursts and the economy is in shambles again, they’ll blame Obama.

watch.

5 Likes

And we used to hate him for Supporting McCain.
Perspective indeed

2 Likes

Turns out that a number of GOP stalwarts—Schmidt, Rick Wilson, Nicolle Wallace, and others—have principles.

Who knew?

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available