Discussion: Republicans Have A New Plot To Gut Medicaid And They Don't Need Congress

Trump, Price and the rest of this Repuglican gang are obsessed with the goal of hurting people, particularly the por, minorities,and anyone who disagrees with them, They are no better than the noe-Nazis, white supremacists, and the KKKers. They may even be worse. No matter, they are all criminals!

2 Likes

These govs are all moles of putin. Gotta help Putins prez.

Wait a minute.

These are red state governors. Governors with Republican majority government.

They’re cutting off Medicaid to many of their citizens.

Trump supporters, we know, are lower on the socio-economic scale than other folks.

How much y’all want to bet they’re going to be cutting off a lot of Republicans from health care? A substantial percentage.

Enough to turn some states blue?

It’s times like this when I appreciate Gov John Bel Edwards of Louisiana, DINO that he may be. Sometimes he does the right thing. He signed on to Medicaid expansion, and he won’t seek the waiver.

This is called ‘running the government like a business’, specifically, like an insurance company that doesn’t want to cover the people it’s supposed to, so it finds traps that used to be called ‘pre-existing conditions’, like poverty, drug addiction, and unemployment. Even filling out the forms late (updates to financial status, mentioned above.)
But government isn’t supposed to make a financial profit, but a social one, in the improvement of the conditions of the citizenry.
But these Republicants can’t measure anything except in dollars, so here we are.
And they don’t care about anything but dollars, so they won’t call out Trump, or any of his appointees, for the criminals they are.

Be aware: the RepublaThugs will blame Obama and the Dems for the Thugs gutting of Medicaid. And the Deplorables will believe them.

Alas, our education system has failed miserably…

Okay, man that is one seriously fascinating looking book there. One that’s going one’s on my short list.

So, the GOP wants to put early ends to the lives of tens of thousands of Americans a year.

Why?

I’d give this a thousand likes if permitted…

Hoocoodanode?

The idea seems so sound: if we put him on a higher pedestal, he will become more humble. Foolproof, no?

And if the politicians aren’t doing it, lawyers should be using it when they sue the state on behalf of children being harmed by these changes.

As a quite serious atheist I have no objection to quoting Jesus regarding caring for the poor.

But Pruitt has bragging rights over how many he can kill.

2 Likes

aka “culling the herd.”

1 Like

Another salvo in the GOP’s endless war on the poor. Phase 2 is excessive ID requirements to vote. That way, the GOP manages to get reelected in 2018 after screwing people over.

It appears the Republican agenda of removing the social safety net is now to be pursued through the various cabinet appointments, such as Price et al., in lieu of pushing actual legislation through Congress. They are of course pursuing a policy exactly like that which they accused Obama of: unilateral action without legislation, without consultation with Congress. Now of course Obama’s actions for the most part were intended to make the country better for broad swaths of people, and of course he did work with Congress to come up with a more humane immigration policy, among other things. Only after he could get no cooperation from Congress for measures that would make life better for thousands if not millions of people, did he pursue the other course through executive orders and so on. Anyway, now that Republicans are cutting off everybody at the knee, there should be a more concerted attempt to stop them. I’m not hearing a lot of voices other than a handful of prominent Democrats describing the insidious tactics that Republicans are deploying. I’m not sure that what I’m suggesting would make good campaign sound bites, but it might be worth a try. We have to force the Republicans to own up to their duplicity, or at least to bring it up, over and over again if need be. Talking points, you know.

1 Like

America has a new plot to gut the GOP - it’s called Trump.

Trump - doing to the GOP what Democrats could only dream of doing on their own.

well, no that’s not true. They are very nice to wealthy people. think before you write.

don’t forget wimmin and their wicked disgusting girl-parts - except when they are swollen with unborn children - which is very good - except for when they can’t pay for pre-natal care, which is bad - so they should work harder at lower wages - which is good - except they should stay at home and take care of the kids instead of working and taking away jobs from men… wait, i’m confused. anyway, women are inherently less and need others to tell them what care they need medically, if they were’nt vessels of sin, this wouldn’t be a problem. which is why soon-to-be-president Pence doesn’t have to be in the same room with them

I was somewhat worried about that early on in the primaries, when I saw him appear on one of the morning shows (I think around January or February) and talk semi-lucidly about trade and making things great without mentioning the wall or that crap. I thought he could win normal people over without pushing the crazy stuff he was saying at his rallies into the open.

But that fear disappeared well before the convention, and of course he won anyway because it turns out that many more than just the hardcore crazies are willing to go along with it.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available