Discussion: Romney To Trump: You Must Say Racists Are 100% To Blame For Charlottesville

You and me both.

In all fairness, I see one evil, and one, “Oh, that’s how your soul gets taken” face.

Mittens, did you mean 47% of the 100% or 100% of the 47%?

1 Like

Although your idea makes sense for Republicans that want to ‘look’ a bit more mainstream than Trump and Pence, I can’t see Ryan ever giving up a shot at the Presidency.

When Obama won for the first time. Apart from Obama’s reelection they’ve been completely helpless and hopeless.

Probably due to the weekly declarations that “THIS is the final straw - Republicans have finally killed themselves with this latest outrage.”

1 Like

No, Mitt, it’s too late. Donald has already walked it back once, then stomped all over his walk-back the next day. Everyone knows what Donald thinks now, and knows that any further walk-back will be purely cynical. What Donny must do is resign.

1 Like

Yep, that’s the best way to serve out this term until January, 2021. Pence and Trump go (In whatever order, i don’t care just make it soon please), Romney is appointed president and in a display or bipartisanship he appoints Hillary to be his vice president. They run the country in a milquetoast, yet capable, fashion so the rest of us can get a break from having to pay all attention all the time, and stop getting anxiety attacks anytime a “breaking news” alert comes up.

That is so pathetic that this is my fantasy right now! :joy: :stuck_out_tongue: :anguished:

I wish these damn conservatives could be more consistent about race and social issues.

But then I guess they wouldn’t be conservatives, would they?

1 Like

Yeah that does seem to be about the time they went off the rails. Failure to fight for the public option and insistence on compromising with republicans in exchange for none of their votes was pretty shocking.

I just read today that Seb Gorka’s wife zeroed out DHS funding for combating white supremacy. It’s like the Trumpers served this issue to dems on a silver platter.

I don’t want to imply that statues aren’t important, but FUCKING NAZIS ARE IN THE WHITE HOUSE!

Didn’t Romney eat crow?

two things made me happy this year. that picture, and fyrefest

Yeah, but, thing is…

They are betting on, basically, “And what are you going to do about it?”.

Protests are good, but it’s votes (or, as Uncle Joe liked to remind people, who counts the votes) that really matters.

1 Like

united in the holy belief that women are lesser beings and 2nd class citizens

Mitt, I’m here to help. You’re absolutely right, but the message has to be tailored to fit Trump’s narrative:
“The racists who are 100% responsible for Charlottesville are the nicest friends I have…”

1 Like

Well, they’re related with the Sharia types in that, too, but they still want to murder each other.

It was 46%. Now it’s 70% of 46%.

That’s what he had instead of the meatloaf.

2 Likes

Romney has said more forcefully and in more depth anything any republican has said by way of condemning 45. If you ask why someone should give a fuck about what he said, this is why. If they had his cojones they’d do the same, but they don’t. So give the man respect from stepping away from the uncaring pack of entrenched pols and saying something that matters. Romney’s entire Facebook is worth reading, not just the paragraph here. He ends with this.

And once and for all, he must definitively repudiate the support of David Duke and his ilk and call for every American to banish racists and haters from any and every association.
This is a defining moment for President Trump. But much more than that, it is a moment that will define America in the hearts of our children. They are watching, our soldiers are watching, the world is watching. Mr. President, act now for the good of the country.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t see how this resolves until the GOP itself offers a Mea Culpa. They’ve been the post-Confederate grievance party for better than 50 years, during which time “small government” has largely been a euphemism for “let the states persecute at their pleasure.” And for those relatively few true economic ideologues, like the dazed Ayn Rand fetishists, they knew what train they were getting on.

2 Likes

There is no chance of Trump apologizing because in Trump’s entire life, he has never been able to see himself as wrong. At all. Ever.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available