Discussion: Russia Brags Of ‘Verbal Agreements’ With Trump, US Unsure What They Were

Let’s just say she’s a little impatient with this whole “election cycle” business. Ordinarily, I’d urge patience; where Trump and this particular assemblage of Republicans are concerned, though, I share her impatience.

1 Like

See America?

THIS is why you don’t elect the biggest moron you can find!

2 Likes

irony
[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]
noun, plural i·ro·nies.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: *the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/irony

I only mention this because you seem to be completely unfamiliar with the concept.

I was gonna say… our one saving grace in this situation is that nothing that President Trump says has any sort of bearing on reality. A verbal agreement with the Donald actually makes that course of action less likely to come about.

1 Like

I don’t know what his internals are but the externals at least have him down a few points if I remember correctly.

Or was that Rohrabacher? It’s hard to keep all the treason-meisters separate these days (I’ll take treasonous Republicans for 200 Alex).

3 Likes

This is going to have nations worldwide scrambling to find failed businessmen of their own to whip their countries into proper order.

1 Like

I have every confidence that the Russians had multiple cameras recording every word of this conversation and they will be filed right next to the pee-tapes.

1 Like

This will not look good when it comes out. hahahaha

it is soothing to think that Trump is in addlebrained village idiot - but in reality his incoherency is erratic and highly dangerous - while being stunned at his ability to be stupid - do not underestimate his intermittent cognitive capabilities - as we want to think - he is a moron - but what ever rudimentary thought processing he has - it has been sputtering along & many far far brighter minds have yet to find a way to neutralize him.
Once heard it said that the most dangerous opponent is not the one with slightly more talent & strength - it is the crazy and unskilled one who is entirely unpredictable .

1 Like

Excuse me, they are feckless cowards treasonous to America…reason enough for this rabble.

Well–they’re already there. You ever hear of Russian Hill?

That’s basically the same as Trump’s argument that it’s okay that Russia annexed Crimea–that they all speak Russian there anyway.

Because it’s important that obscenely wealthy people have even more money.

1 Like

Cliffhanger.

We’ll find what the agreements were in Season 2.

Italy beat us to it.

2 Likes

But if we just call them agreements, then they don’t.

What is the difference between a treaty and an executive agreement?

As explained in greater detail in 11 FAM 721.2, there are two procedures under domestic law through which the United States becomes a party to an international agreement. First, international agreements (regardless of their title, designation, or form) whose entry into force with respect to the United States takes place only after two thirds of the U.S. Senate has given its advice and consent under Article II, section 2, Clause 2 of the Constitution are “treaties.” Second, international agreements brought into force with respect to the United States on a constitutional basis other than with the advice and consent of the Senate are “international agreements other than treaties” and are often referred to as “executive agreements.” There are different types of executive agreements.
https://www.state.gov/s/l/treaty/faqs/70133.htm
U.S. Department of State
Diplomacy inaction

1 Like

. . . with a missing kidney.

2 Likes

Until the recording emerges, it’s all just liar said, liar said. Meh.

You are correct in your analysis… I learned this lesson playing my wife in chess. She understands non of the strategy of the game, only knowing how the pieces move. While I am no master of the game I do have strategies and look to anticipated moves. She is sometimes very difficult to beat

Remember when the GOP so quaintly and disingenuously bitched and moaned about the Obama Administration’s transparency?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available