Discussion: Schiff: Trump Needs 'Some More Adults In The Room,' Not Miller Or Gorka

2 Likes

More adults?
An outcome devoutly to be wished, but what self-respecting adult is going to climb into the cage-room with El Bufon?
It’s not safe.

31 Likes

“And I think for that reason at a minimum we need the very best people around him in the White House,” Schiff said…"

Adam, I like you, I like you a lot. I’d love to have you as my congressman. Which is why it breaks my heart to tell you this. But you could have fucking Ghandi, FDR, Winston Churchill, and Nelson Mandella advising Trump, and he’d still be bleedin’ Trump!!

52 Likes

Yes, but at least Trump wouldn’t have his preferred advisers, like Stalin, Timurlane, Hitler, Pol Pot.

21 Likes

Here is something which doesn’t surprise me in the least. I also noticed that Gallup is up slightly for Trump since Cville.
I think it’s not just racism, but the support less thoughtful people feel for a strong, unwavering leader. Trump will NEVER gain approval by moderating his tone: the rest of us already know who he is, while his supporters won’t forgive him.

12 Likes

Now that’s a name I’ve not heard for at least 6 Centuries.

13 Likes

@centralasiaexpat He’s winning!

12 Likes

You’ll hear it every day in Uzbekistan! I saw Timurlane park in Tashkent—minus the pile of 1 million skulls, of course.

10 Likes

Could be just noise in the time series.

3 Likes

Schiff has my respect, but with a petulant, erratic child in the position of being the ultimate decision maker, it doesn’t matter how many adults are in the room. The child has to go!

18 Likes

Adam ’ I love ya, but no one gets on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.
It would not matter at this point.
No pivot . no change EVER

15 Likes

Really?
I’m hearing about him more and more.

15 Likes

Of course, but many were predicting he would tank, possibly even below 30. There’s no evidence of a dip.

6 Likes

IIRC, one of the Boston Bombers was named after him.

3 Likes

Don’t remember, but it’s a very common name around here, as is the local version of Genghis Khan, which is Shyngyskhan.
Not that we have any Caesar’s in the west, right?:slight_smile:

10 Likes

Not surprising to me, at least. I always thought that 30-35% was his base. Scary.

9 Likes

Does he look any worse today than he did one week ago? For me there is not one bit of difference. For his supporters it is probably the same.

4 Likes

The popularity of the name “Adolf”, has, not surprisingly, taken a hit since mid-century.

4 Likes

Trump needs constant adult supervision. Kelly 24x7.

4 Likes

The only places you can find Hitlers are Ohio and Russia (Gitler).

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available