Discussion: Senate GOP Eyes Major Change To Push Through Trump Judges

2 Likes

I wonder if the Russian language lessons will be free.

4 Likes

GOP hypocrisy on parade. How many Judgeships can the GOP steal today?

13 Likes

Hypocrisy. I did not like the GOP doing this and then playing the victim card. I am not a big fan of the Dems doing it. The GOP did a great job in creating an uber toxic environment. Now they complain about it.

14 Likes

“We can’t allow Democratic senators to continue to obstruct…"

“Only Republican senators get to do that!”

39 Likes

More proof that rules are for suckers. And Democrats. But my Republican’t friends would accuse me of being redundant…

10 Likes

Um… All of them? I mean that is the plan no?

2 Likes

There is absolutely NO limit to the venality and moral bankruptcy of the Republican Party. They have no morals, no principles – only a naked lust for raw power.

Dems should withhold unanimous consent for ALL senate business if the GOP takes this step.

31 Likes

McConnell: The levels of obstruction are outrageous!
Grassley: Totally unprecedented!
Cotton: It’s causing me personal pain.

7 Likes

Donald closing his eyes and picking names out of a Federalist Society or Heritage Foundation hat is hardly a ‘president’s agenda’.

11 Likes

Better get 'em through you nasty, hypocritical little ratkers. We’re coming for you in 2018!

7 Likes

It is long past the time to admit the GOP have devolved into a corrupt, unethical bunch of fascists and act accordingly.

23 Likes

If they can’t take what they’ve been dishing out… Honestly, I’ve just about had it. They’ve been wiping their ass with the constitution and then blaming democrats for the stains. This is a subversion of government, a conspiracy against the Republic. Every day, republican politicians and leaders push the non-wealthy closer to taxation without (real) representation. The victims of the domestic and fiscal terrorism spawned by the mendacious conservative propaganda machine deserve justice. When will the righteous repudiate these Potemkins?

15 Likes

Republicans chip away at our democracy. And claim it’s Democrats with the pickaxes.

16 Likes

I have a great idea for a Democratic filibuster - just read out the GOP positions on obstruction pre and post-election. You’d be there for days trying to cover all the differences.

13 Likes

What a bunch of fucking hypocrites!

7 Likes

And so cometh The Republic of Gilead

7 Likes

Congratulations go to all of our right-wing friends !! They have been working toward this for 40 years or more. They are just beginning to consolidate their power and outright control over this country !! They will now eliminate everything Democrats and unions set up for working people and tell all of us how we will live and what we will have to do it with. That means all of us folks !!

Strother Martin lines from Cool Hand Luke come to mind. Get your minds right folks because your new all GOP government will be kickin’ ass and takin’ names. Three generations will suffer because of the results of this last election and we were all warned … Hillary and Barack both warned us. Deny that and minimize Clinton all you want but she was absolutely correct.

To paraphrase Willie Nelson … “there is nothin’ we can do about it now”. Heil who ???

12 Likes

This, times ten thousand.

3 Likes

When it came time for the GOP to consider President Obama’s nominees, what did they do?

“Senate Republicans Are Breaking Records for Judicial Obstruction”

So take a seat, Tom Cotton.

And let us never forget that GOP obstruction was so bad during the Obama Administration, that Mitch McConnell filibustered his own bill.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available