Discussion: Senate Intel Chair: 'The Unmasking Thing Was All Created By Devin Nunes'

I told you this stunk! Busted! Now we’ll see how much this “unmasking thing was all created by Nunes.” Samatha Power? No WAY she had ANY business getting involved in unmaskings!

Intelligence chairman accuses Obama aides of hundreds of unmasking requests
“The committee has learned that one official, whose position had no apparent intelligence related function, made hundreds of unmasking requests during the final year of the Obama administration,” Nunes wrote. “Of those requests, only one offered a justification that was not boilerplate.”
Sources familiar with the Nunes letter identified the official as then-U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power.

Scandal-free administration my butt! Total abuse of the 4th Amendment here. Busted!
Explain how Power has any business getting involved in this. Go ahead.

Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), in a letter to Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, said the requests were made without specific justifications on why the information was needed.

“We have found evidence that current and former government officials had easy access to U.S. person information and that it is possible that they used this information to achieve partisan political purposes, including the selective, anonymous leaking of such information,” Nunes wrote in the letter to Coats.

BUSTED!!!

My argument is that the nut got worked up both by what the GOP congress is attempting to do – kicking millions off of health care (including mental health care) and by the 2nd Amendment rhetoric spouted by the rightwing including Donnie. The job of the press, liberal or not, is to report this stuff. Too bad you seem to resent a free press.

Your repeated attempts to portray this flaming liberal as a guy who listened to “rhetoric spouted by the right wing” is a joke. The “nut” didn’t listen to Donnie or right wing media, he was tuned into MSNBC as he mentioned often. That’s how he started getting militant and violent. The liberal press hasn’t just “reported stuff” they’ve consistently pushed a narrative that the Russians stole the election away from “rightful winner” Hillary, to rile up their liberal audience. They’ve pushed the idea that Trump’s presidency is “illegitimate” and it’s your duty to “resist.” Don’t act like they haven’t tried to manufacture opinion and outrage. Their agitating got puppies like this guy barking, enough to go out and actually shoot at a bunch of people.

Stop running away from the facts. You sound ridiculous.

Well kenga, I see you want no part of the discussion anymore now that you’ve been shown the quote (and the facts). Like I said, you all got so giddy over Burr saying the stuff about Rice was all created by Nunes, you didn’t bother to read the REST of what Burr had to say.

Yes, ajm and kenga, Rice doing the unmaskings was perfectly legal. But leaking it to the public, whether done by Rice or someone else, is NOT. Nor is using that information to gather intel on the opposing candidate’s campaign to help out Hillary Clinton. This is what Burr is referring to. And why the Democrats should be very nervous. Especially now that we’ve discovered that Power is somehow wrapped up in all this.

Sorry, it’s your guys who have been blithering about 2nd Amendment remedies.

Yes it’s becoming more and more apparent that Donnie is probably an illegitimate President. Yes, many Americans want to resist. And what are they being called upon to do?

Attend town halls with their local reps, hold peaceful marches, urge Congress to investigate and impeach.

This is a far cry from the NRA’s claim that everybody should be armed.

Every time you reply you just confirm what I say.

–You run away from the fact that the shooter was a flaming LIBERAL who got his inspiration from watching LIBERAL news like MSNBC.

–You present unevidenced claims as fact like: “it’s becoming more apparent that…”

–You throw in red herrings like the NRA. Also, “being armed” is a Constitutional right, proving that many liberals are against the Constitution.

Your kind of liberal echo-chamber crap might play at Vox or New York Magazine, but not in the real world. You lose again.

Better idea - educate me as to why she did not. You are, after all, the one making that assertion.
I’m sure you’ve got a very convincing case built, which you haven’t shared with the class.
So, have at.

Sounds to me like someone isn’t at all sure, and is engaging in public speculation.

Power was U.N. ambassador at that time. What business does an ambassador have getting mixed up in unmaskings? And as I noted before, even liberal sites like Daily Beast are wondering what she was doing getting involved. Now how about you explain that, if you think that’s all innocent and stuff.

Wow, looks like Ben Rhodes is now a person of interest in the investigation. This circus just keeps adding more clowns!

Anyway ajm you’ve got bigger problems in the short term. This liberal media attempt to call it the “fake Seth Rich story” is backfiring big time on them and their Clinton campaign allies! All it’s done is raised awareness big time and now it’s come out that Sy Hersh is reporting Rich WAS the leaker as a by-product of the Fox News suit. This is backfiring BIG on your crowd! I don’t care how much damage control New York Magazine or Vox attempt, the Democrats are going to die by their own sword here. Hilarious!

Oh and by the way I thought the media hated the term “fake news” (when Trump says it). Here I see CNN using the term “fake Seth Rich story” on the TV screen. Hmmm.

Stop playing deliberately stupid. One of the things the liberal news does is show clips of what the conservatives are saying. So, yeah, our nut heard your guys including Trump spouting off about 2nd Amendment remedies.

Sure, as a non- conservative his grievances were different but the means he used to address them were means the right has been insinuating about for decades while the left has been disparaging them. Urging everybody to keep a gun handy is something the NRA does, not the liberals.

Nope. Your guy got caught lying big time. No such info on Rich’s computer.

Trump uses the term ‘fake news’ when he doesn’t like what is being said even or particularly when it is true. So, no, the media dies not like being called liars when they aren’t.

CNN labeled a lie a lie.

I’m not playing stupid, you are. Trying to twist the fact that this guy got propaganda from liberal news and make it seem like he was actually brainwashed by the NRA is just moronic. Yeah I know how liberal media presents conservatives “spouting off about 2nd Amendment remedies” it’s put in a NEGATIVE LIGHT. So if anything this nut gets MORE opposed to “Second Amendment Remedies” the more he watches Rachel Maddow tell him how evil the NRA is.

This nut got fired up watching liberal news TV. Being brainwashed by the anti-Trump rhetoric they fed him. Until he got worked up enough to go out and start shooting. Period. End of story.

Save your spew for your pals on the echo-chamber liberal sites. Wheeler’s lawsuit is baseless, there’s video of him out there personally stating that Rich was connected to Wikileaks. And that there was a cover-up. Of course CNN won’t report that part, so you stay ignorant. But that doesn’t change the fact that Wheeler’s case is undermined by his own words. He said everything Fox News reported that he did.

You have no idea what was on Rich’s computer. Plus you’ve got trouble with Wasserman-Schulz and Awan, despite the liberal media refusing to report on that one too. This Russia stuff is backfiring on the Democrats big time.

CNN is a fake-news factory. They’ve lied and had to retract a lot more stories than Fox News has this year.

Trump is always going to have a hard core of supporters. There are always victims of a con-job that are either too stupid or too proud to admit that they got fooled.

2 Likes

You assume any skeptic of the narrative must also be a Trump supporter. So you suffer a fatal logic flow from the start. I do get your point though, however it works both ways.

Consider the alternative: that in fact the victims of the “con job” are those who’ve swallowed the Russian collusion narrative. Let’s say that narrative is exposed as false. Do you think these people are going to be swift to admit they got duped? Not likely. Their pride in being the “more sophisticated and educated” largely coastal elites will overwhelm them to the point of full denial. They won’t eagerly give in to the fact that they’re the ones who’ve been made the rubes. That you can bank on.

You keep getting ahead of yourself.

Power was THE U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, and the representative on the UN Security Council of THE 800 lb gorilla on the Council.

And - had access to intel reports. (Necessary, if one is going to ask that masked US persons’ identities be revealed, if you stop and think about it. Which I suggest you do.)

Further, Nunes tells us that requests she made were NOT denied.
We can only speculate why not.

Maybe, as UN Ambassador, reporting directly to POTUS and speaking on POTUS behalf to the rest of the world and specifically to the other member representatives of the UN Security Council, she had a “need to know”.
There’s also that member of the National Security Council part.

Nunes has been blowing smoke.
With the help of freshly fired Ezra Cohen-Watnick.

Whatever the case, we shall see, eventually.
Perhaps, so long as the testimony and reports aren’t classified.

1 Like

I hope you feel better now, that you’ve gotten that off your chest.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available