Discussion: Senate Intel Chair: 'The Unmasking Thing Was All Created By Devin Nunes'

Best use for tinfoil.

You keep losing here and you know it. Comparing Louise to Pizzagate was a definite tell that crazy as she may be she’s on to something. Otherwise you wouldn’t be flailing at her.

1 Like

The guy who cracks wise about tinfoil apparently takes Louise Mensch seriously.

Hilarious.

“Best use for tinfoil.”

I’ll say. You know things are bad when Daily Kos thinks Louise is a whack job.

Louise Mensch thinks Ferguson was a Russian conspiracy
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/4/9/1651782/-Louise-Mensch-thinks-Ferguson-was-a-Russian-conspiracy

Yeah she’s “on to something” all right – I think you meant to say she’s “on something.” Heh heh.

Putin blew up some apartment buildings and a whole slew of reporters covering the event met unfortunate ends. So you do have to wonder about some of the black clad provocateurs here and there.

I hold no brief for Louise except to maintain that she is a hell of a lot sounder than the fools who engaged in the Pizzagate fantasy.

Pizzagate was a one-off deal. Louise has come up with tinfoil nut job theories about Russians dozens of times. She’s a factory of whack.

“Putin blew up some apartment buildings”? Huh? What does that have to do with Ferguson? The fact that you’re sounding like Louise here is frankly disturbing and makes me wonder about your own mental condition.

We’re working on it!

Do your homework. Putin did a false flag operation killing some 300 people. It’s pretty well documented,

Alex Jones is a one off thing? Talk sense.

No, YOU pay attention. The subject was Ferguson, Mensch and Pizzagate.

Pizzagate was one wacky theory. Mensch cranks out dozens of nut-job narratives about Russia. How many times has she said THIS time they’ve got the smoking gun, expect Trump to be led away in handcuffs any minute now! And yet so-called “smarter, more sophisticated” liberals continue to hang on her words like some country rubes out of the Music Man.

I’m sure as an ex intel officer Putin’s pulled off more than one false flag. So what? The point was Mensch was blaming him for Ferguson. And guess what, I haven’t heard you deny that. Are you telling me you believe her? I’d love to hear your thoughts on this. Are you saying you believe Russia is responsible for Ferguson?

Oh and kenga, just so you’re clear:

Look at where the violent rhetoric is coming from. Your buddy Louise Mensch has literally screamed for war against Russia, and Begala said on CNN we oughta blow up Russian intel HQ. And don’t forget your friend from the Scalise shooting rampage who got his inspiration from Rachel Maddow’s nightly Russian conspiracy raves. As far as I know there’s nobody calling for any kind of violence out of the Rice case. Think about it.

Our nut job got his inspiration from listening to your side praising Second Amendment remedies.

Don’t even try that “Second Amendment” garbage. And btw you have no idea what “my side” is.

Our nut job got his inspiration from MSNBC which he linked to constantly. He was a big Maddow fan. Hodgkinson was hopped up on liberal media propaganda and Russian conspiracy stories. He didn’t listen to conservative broadcasting or “Second Amendment remedies,” chum. It was liberal MSNBC viewing for him, all the time. He was a prime example and charter member of “The Resistance.”

Hodgkinson was a frequent writer to his local paper, the Belleville News-Democrat, where he railed against income inequality, linking it to the tax policies of the GOP, the newspaper reported.

"I have never said ‘life sucks,’ only the policies of the Republicans,’ he wrote in one letter.

In another, Hodgkinson said his favorite TV program was “The Rachel Maddow Show” on MSNBC.

Hodgkinson’s Facebook postings portray him as stridently anti-Republican and anti-Trump.

“I Hate Republicans & everything they stand for,” he wrote in December 2015. On June 3, he shared a caricature of the president as “Maximus Imbecilus.” He was a member of several political Facebook groups, including one called “Terminate the Republican Party.”
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/james-t-hodgkinson-illinois-man-identified-suspected-gunman-virginia-shooting-n772271

"Hodgkinson links to such sites as Yahoo and MSNBC with frequency. A friend of his described him as “a passionate progressive.” Indeed he was that, for Hodgkinson implored Democrat senators to filibuster Neal Gorsuch’s confirmation, impeach Trump, and “tax the rich.” He criticized Reagan-style tax cutting as “trickle-down economics,” believed in anthropogenic “climate change,” and called the GOP “the Taliban of America.”
https://townhall.com/columnists/jackkerwick/2017/06/15/james-hodgkinson-the-face-of-hate-and-a-member-of-the-resistance-n2341400

You don’t think Maddiw reported what the Right was saying about Second Amendment remedies? How odd.

The only thing that’s odd here is you avoiding the fact that this nut was a liberal who got all worked up watching liberal TV.

Well kenga guess what? Burr said they now have evidence that info gathered during unmaskings was improperly and illegally leaked to the press. Where’s TPM to report that?

BOOM!!! What did I tell you, it’s what they did with the info AFTER the unmaskings that needed to be investigated. What did I tell you about 4th Amendment Violations? It’s all coming out now, time to panic, my friend! It’s all getting exposed now!

Newly declassified memos detail extent of improper Obama-era NSA spying
“The National Security Agency and Federal Bureau of Investigation violated specific civil liberty protections during the Obama years by improperly searching and disseminating raw intelligence on Americans or failing to promptly delete unauthorized intercepts, according to newly declassified memos that provide some of the richest detail to date on the spy agencies’ ability to obey their own rules.
The memos reviewed by The Hill were publicly released on July 11 through Freedom of Information Act litigation by the American Civil Liberties Union.”

Did Nunes make this up too? Ha ha ha! I can’t wait to see this one not get touched by TPM.

What he got worked up about was watching GOP policies. You don’t threaten to kick 20,000,000 people off their health insurance and access to care and expect to be beloved.

“They detail specific violations that the NSA or FBI disclosed to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court or the Justice Department’s national security division during President Obama’s tenure between 2009 and 2016. The intelligence community isn’t due to report on compliance issues for 2017, the first year under the Trump administration, until next spring.
The NSA says that the missteps amount to a small number — less than 1 percent — when compared to the hundreds of thousands of specific phone numbers and email addresses the agencies intercepted through the so-called Section 702 warrantless spying program created by Congress in late 2008.”

What he got worked up about was watching GOP policies. You don’t threaten to kick 20,000,000 people off their health insurance and access to care and expect to be beloved.

Oh so you’re saying disagreement with policy justifies going out and shooting people? Interesting.

Dude, I get that your crowd would rather defend the home team than find out if all our rights have been violated, but cherry-picking one little piece out of an article filled with accounts of rights violations is pretty cheesy. Besides, you left out the part where they rip apart the NSA’s weak defense of itself:

But critics say the memos undercut the intelligence community’s claim that it has robust protections for Americans incidentally intercepted under the program.
“Americans should be alarmed that the NSA is vacuuming up their emails and phone calls without a warrant,” said Patrick Toomey, an ACLU staff attorney in New York who helped pursue the FOIA litigation. “The NSA claims it has rules to protect our privacy, but it turns out those rules are weak, full of loopholes, and violated again and again.”

So we go back to what Burr said about rights violations and crimes that occurred AFTER Rice did the unmaskings. What was leaked, who leaked it? Was any info used for political purposes or to help the Clinton campaign? This kind of stuff wasn’t “all created by Devin Nunes.” I know TPM won’t report on inconvenient news like this, but that’s reality. Which we’ll soon find out…

Now, new memos obtained by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) via a FOIA request detail even more violations that occurred during the Obama administration which include everything from illegally survielling people on U.S. soil to sharing unredacted documents that included unmasked names of American citizens. The court order went on to reveal that NSA analysts had been conducting illegal queries targeting American citizens “with much greater frequency than had previously been disclosed to the Court”…an issue which the court described as a "very serious Fourth Amendment issue."

Interesting - even with fairly broad search terms, google won’t give me results to corroborate that.
So, I guess I will need to rely on you to provide sourcing for your claim.
Got a URL to back that up? I’d like to review it.
Thanks in advance!

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available