Discussion: Stone's Supposed Assange Intermediary Released From House Intel Interview

Short answer: I never envisioned a scenario where folks are begging for a Mueller interview, yet here we are.

8 Likes

Your list - can I buy a vowel?

2 Likes

That speaks a lot to what is happening on the back side. Tends to make me think the comments about Mueller having the entire picture might be true. He knows where is he is going. Must be driving the WH nuts.

7 Likes

Donā€™t we have the entire picture ourselves? Trump laundered money, got ensnared with kompromat and crime, Putin hacked us to scramble the election and tried, maybe successfully, to mess with the actual results, either way Trump tried to do the quid pro quo, obstructed justice, emoluments, probably is taking cash for influence, all that. We all know it but Mueller knows it and can increasingly prove it. Oh, and then thereā€™s the stuff thatā€™s much, much worse on a personal level. The dead girl in the bed, whatever it was. Because Iā€™m pretty sure that whatever you can imagine, the reality is worse.

12 Likes

OT and posted with no further comment

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/nazareth-cancels-christmas-because-of-donald-trump/

8 Likes

ā€œThe dead girl in the bed, whatever it was.ā€

Sorry, donā€™t know about this??

3 Likes

Itā€™s based on the old ā€œlive boy or dead girlā€ saying. But there are some very dark rumors about just what makes this most obstreperous person so tractable and eager to please when it comes to Putin.

3 Likes

Comprendo, gracias.

Yep

It is nice to know, being in the audience, that the main cast is showing definite signs that they know it. Never doubted he knows it, but we are seeing feedback finally. Makes me feel a little less crazy and conspiracy minded. That is something I have not lost track of over the last two years. It began feeling like screaming in the wind with hair whipping madly about, now it feels like a purposeful exit out of harbor with a clear mission in sight.

2 Likes

Jeez

2 Likes

Probably referring to the expression attributed to Edwin Edwards (former governor of Louisiana) that the only way he could lose his reelection bid was ā€œto be found in bed with either a live boy or a dead girlā€.

Hence ā€œdead girl situationā€ā€¦

3 Likes

Question for the legal minds: does pleading the fifth at these congressional interviews actually help the cases Mueller is building because there will be less information available that could be used to contradict or obscure evidence, testimony, interviews, etc?

2 Likes

ā€œIf you canā€™t say anything nice about someone, you can come over here and sit by meā€ ā€“ Alice Roosevelt Longworth

2 Likes

No.

You can assume Mueller knows the truth already and would have conducted questioning designed to have it produced.

2 Likes

So heā€™s taking the fifth here because heā€™s already talking to Mueller?

God no.

You canā€™t take the 5th if you talk to anybody. Mueller already knows what he knows. Mueller doesnā€™t call witnesses to find shit out necessarily - he knows what they know, or he is pretty sure.

So he would craft questioning to bring out what he wanted the witness to say. Which means all the extraneous stuff you were talking about wouldnā€™t come out anyway. But the witness wonā€™t talk so fine. It doesnā€™t make things worse or better for Mueller because what they were going to say is something he knows and can find another way to prove it.

6 Likes

So we have finally reached the point in the investigation where key people have started taking the Fifth.

Good sign!

7 Likes

There is a pattern.

Monday for defense.

Friday for the OFFENSE.

What will I wake up to tomorrow?

2 Likes

I would have brought this quisling in and asked him every question, making him squirm and take the fifth for every one.

4 Likes

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available