Discussion: Supreme Court Backs Push To Remove Ten Commandments Monument

I, for one, am offended that you didn’t remember to mention the Luperacal. See if anyone slaps you with a bloody goat skin as they run naked through the forum. (Although that seems to have been focused on barren women, so you’re off the list of slappees.)
What’s this empire coming to, anyway?

4 Likes

And don’t anyone tell me the lead in the pipes in Flint is a problem. It gives the water an extra sweetness which is quite delightful, and is certainly not in any way connected to the decline of the empire.

3 Likes

Hold it right there, libtard. You aren’t going to take my guns and you sure as hell aren’t going to erase the second camendment from my Bible!

5 Likes

Yes, they should. I quote the first clause of the first sentence of the first amendment to the Constitution:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion …

Appropriating public money to fund and maintain a religious monument is the very definition of a law passed with respect to an establishment of religion, you sanctimonious, self-righteous, hypocritical jackass.

5 Likes

The conservatives must have been so high on cocaine that they confused the Ten Commandments with the Bill of Rights.

1 Like

After 9/11 Jeep started offering certain models with a Freedom trim package as well as introducing other models like the Liberty and Patriot. I always thought it was a cheep play for pseudo patriotism. Though the Cherokee was reintroduced a few years ago and the Grand Cherokee soldiers on.

1 Like

The city claims it avoided endorsing a particular religion by placing disclaimers on the lawn stating the area was a public forum for citizens and that the privately funded monuments did not necessarily reflect the opinions of the city.

Well, isn’t that special?

1 Like

‘“Americans shouldn’t be forced to censor religion’s role in history simply to appease someone who is offended by it or who has a political agenda to remove all traces of religion from the public square,” said Cortman.’ But it’s not censorship if there are plenty of alternative forums for displaying one’s beliefs, religious or otherwise. Try to get a grip, Cortman.

1 Like

Scalia had reasoning processes? I thought he just picked the side he wanted to win then repeated their arguments.

3 Likes

Perhaps the wingers on this court couldn’t even get Kennedy and Roberts to vote to grant cert, in which case they’re really screwed which would please me.

1 Like

Bloomfield, NM. Don’t park downwind of the refinery or the acid will take the paint off your pickup.

Who knows? You need 4 to grant cert. With Gorsuch out due to conflict, they would have needed both Kennedy and Roberts. If I had to guess, Kennedy would have been the hold out. Roberts has an agenda and knows that he is young with a couple of decades likely left to go. He is taking a long view and will pick his cases carefully to advance his agenda. I have no idea where this one fits into his plans. I fear for the future coming out of the court and hope that Kennedy does not decide to pack it in and Ginsburg and Breyer survive through to the next administration & change in Senate control.

1 Like

Since all the evangelists think god is pulling the strings, one could say god gave scalia an award for his life’s work and court decisions… i say we were rewarded instead.

The most charitable thing I can say is good riddance to bad trash. There are a number of those people i hope get awarded soon. They have been waiting.

These religious assholes (a technical political sub-category of the genus asshole) never tire of trying to impose their mythology on everyone else. Here is a short blog explaining why such assholes are so determined to be offensive, overbearing, even violent:

Enjoy.

Scalia might have carried a grudge which then might have affected his reasoning that he never was appointed Chief Justice when there was an opening, and Rehnquist was appointed.

simply too funny but actually not funny screw all organized religion!

This response wins the Inter-webs, at least for today, and perhaps for all time to come! Nearly choked on my lunch, laughing so hard!

If we Romans are the most exceptional empire in history, why the heck DO we have to be so PC with all the barbarians and not-Latin-types like us?!?!

You shall have no other Gods before me.
Trumps a God for 37% of the Country

You shall not make idols.
CIVIL WAR STATUES

You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.
TRUMP. Every day, all the time

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Twitter and Golf every Sunday

Honor your father and your mother.
Who knows?

You shall not murder.
You think he hasn’t? C’mon Bro

You shall not commit adultery.
HAHAHAAAHAAAAAA!
You shall not steal.
HAAAHAAAHAHAAA!

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
Only when he exhales

You shall not covet thy neighbors…WIFE
Does “ moving on her like a bitch” count?

So, two out of ten. Better than his legislative record!

2 Likes

Ass, what a christ-hole.

1 Like

Um… y’all use vomitoria all the time… they’re just exits. Buildings w/o vomitoria are AKA prisons.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available