Discussion: Thad Cochran Delays Return To DC As He Continues Grappling With Illness

No, it isn’t. It’s a simple arithmetic issue. McConnell needs 51 votes to pass the GOP tax scam through the Senate by reconciliation. The only thing that matters is “Aye” votes and Cochran’s absence takes away one guaranteed “Aye.”

1 Like

Recall that black voters in Mississippi were instrumental in Cochran winning his 2014 primary against Chris McDaniel, a Cruz clone. When you don’t have good options, you choose the least bad one.

1 Like

I think you give Thad too much credit.

With my mother, it was “symptoms” of dementia. Taking antibiotics for the prescribed length of time cleared up the confusion and tests showed the UTI gone, only to recur in about 3 weeks. It turned out she was part of the subset of patients who need a longer course of antibiotic treatment. The standard course suppressed the UTI to the point it didn’t show up on the immediate follow up test. With mum the symptoms of dementia were an indicator of the infection.

1 Like

I know nothing…about Thad, just making a crude piss joke to relate to the urinary issue.

That situation happened to my father a few years back. He became so disoriented that he yanked out his IV in the emergency room. It was very alarming, but he got good medical care and recovered.

ETA: And I think a UTI-turning-to-sepsis is what carried off my mother-in-law.

Anthony Weiner was just looking for a second opinion.

Thad , it*s best not to re-visit the same prostitute ( then this would not happen ) .

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available