Discussion: Tim Scott: Trump’s Moral Authority Was ‘Compromised’ With ‘Many Sides’ Talk

1 Like

“Up to that time, I was fully on board with all of his policies. Particularly American exceptionalism. I speak for all South Carolinians when I say that there’s no reason we should have to pay for the wall that will seal off our state’s border with Mexico!”

1 Like

Trump: I will not listen to a Black Guy. Why is he a Republican? My party should be pure White.

And this

10 Likes

“Racism is real. It is alive. It is here. But the response from the vast majority of this country is diametrically opposite of the response in the ’60s. We’ve had the United States military, generals, leaders, standing up and rejecting, completely, racism. We’ve had corporate America, which was fairly silent back in the ’60s, standing up very strong, very loud, and very proud,” he told Vice.

But alas, not even a skinny majority of the Republican Party base.

Which is why the Republican response to Trump´s abhorrent words have been so muted.

4 Likes

“What we want to see from our president is clarity and moral authority. And that moral authority is compromised when Tuesday happened. There’s no question about that,” he said.

Moral authority? Moral authority??? Welcome back, Mr. Van Winkle! How was your nap?

(I don’t condemn a person for being ignorant, for ignorance can be rectified with knowledge. But willful ignorance? That’s a different story…)

7 Likes

Everyone chasing alt right off the interwebs.

10 Likes

Good on you Senator Scott…but was everything ELSE he’s said up to this point A-OK? I mean REALLY? And how about Veep Pence standing by his man and comparing him to Teddy Roosevelt? Do you guys actually expect us to ‘buy’ your ethics, values and morals BS when you sit next to this reprehensible POS?

1 Like

Time for another tearful video. That’s just awful!!

Only when wingers can´t a date will we be free from the scourge of fascism.

1 Like

My feelings about Sen. Scott are decidedly mixed but one thing is clear is by saying that “Trump’s moral authority was compromised with the many sides talk” was/is such utter feckless bullshit and he knows it. Saying shit like that implies that he had some to begin with.

Gotta play the game.

1 Like

Few people want to publicly state the sad, obvious reality that Trump isn’t going to change. He is 71, he’s fully formed, he is who he is. He’s not growing into the Presidency. He’s not suddenly, or even incrementally, going to gain all the myriad qualities needed to project sober, wise, introspective, inclusive, empathetic leadership we all expect from a President. He lacks nearly every quality needed, has no desire to cultivate them, and isn’t going to change.
Ruminations about impeachment, resignation, a coup, bypassing him, prevailing upon others to take the reins while he golfs and languishes in ineptitude, are going to be no different in their urgency today than in two months or two years. If you feel some extreme measure is necessary now, you’ll still feel so for the duration of Trump’s term.
That said, true leaders would do something now. It’s going to get worse, and it’s never getting better. Hope is going to destroy the republic.

7 Likes

“We should all be sooo proud that lesser members of my party, who have a teensy percentage of the executive power and platform that our president has, are exhibiting the moral authority he lacks.”

What a joke.

Why was it so relatively easy for even conservatives to say Donald Sterling’s extensive racist behavior, irrationality, erratic actions and general drift toward the appearance of dementia should amply justify his removal as the owner of an NBA franchise …

Yet very similar destructive,demented, bizarre & repugnant behavior by The Commander in Chief of the entire country - yields a bunch of hesitant stammering, tepid & carefully crafted statements of ‘dismay’ and waffling ???

5 Likes

Good grief, like he had any moral authority in the first place.

7 Likes

He will change, though. He’s already changed in the last two years. Whether it’s dementia, syphilis, or moral degeneration he is in a moral tailspin.

3 Likes

What in the world does Tim “Make Mexico Pay for a Wall” Scott know about “moral authority”?

2 Likes

Who besmirches who in that bromance? Besmirchment all around!

Except for Bennie (“huh??”) Whatsisname* who got HUD. He’s Drumpfie’s tame one.

Oh, yeah, and Omarosa who is just vicious, which overrides her lack of whiteness.

Carson, yeah, Carson, that was it—

1 Like

As has been said before, the presidency doesn’t change who you are.
The presidency reveals who you are.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available