Discussion: Tim Scott: Trump’s Moral Authority Was ‘Compromised’ With ‘Many Sides’ Talk

The office has moral authority. Little Donnie Two Scoops was out beating up kids on the playground when morals were handed out…

4 Likes

“What we want to see from our president is clarity and moral authority…

Two things I don’t believe Donald has ever had at any time in his entire life, and especially now.

5 Likes

Really? When has Donnie Johnie ever had moral authority? Was it when he didn’t pay workers or contractors? Perhaps during his bankruptcies? Perhaps as he was taking money from charities for personal use? Manybe when he was grabbing private parts? How about during his lying times? When oh when did he have moral authority?

2 Likes

“Trump’s Moral Authority” ???

stop it, you are killing me…

2 Likes

No, Tim. Trump’s moral authority was compromised when (and this is just a short list.):

1. He repeatedly made racist attacks on President Obama’s legitimacy.
  2. He made a racist attack on an American born federal judge of Mexican decent.
  3. He attacked the muslim mother of a fallen American officer.
  4. He was caught on tape admitting to sexual assault of multiple women.
  5. He cheekily hinted that Hillary Clinton should be assassinated.
  6. He treasonously colluded with, and continues to comfort our prime enemy, the Russians.
  7. He lies continually…about absolutely everything.

By the way, Tim, the Republican party lost all of it’s moral authority when it decided that tax cuts for the wealthy and rolling back social security and medicare are more important than the safety and stability of the United States.

10 Likes

When the fuck did Trump have any moral authority to begin with Tim? Hope that you’ll look fondly back on the time you’ve spent getting to know Trump’s taint.

That taste doesn’t wash out of your mouth you know…

1 Like

South Carolina’s Senators: Aunt Pitty Pat and Pollyanna.

1 Like

Trump has hit peak toxicity:

(CNN)-The mother of the woman killed in Charlottesville, Virginia, last weekend said she is not interested in hearing from the President because she believes he equated her daughter to white supremacists.
“I’m not talking to the President now,” Susan Bro said Friday on ABC’s “Good Morning America.” “I’m sorry. After what he said about my child, and it’s not that I saw somebody else’s tweets about him. I saw an actual clip of him at a press conference equating the protesters like Ms. (Heather) Heyer with the KKK and the white supremacists.”
…Asked if there was something she wanted to say to the President, Bro said, “Think before you speak.”

If the Golden State Warriors are invited to the White House in celebration of the 2017 NBA title, Kevin Durant won't be one of the players in attendance. 

"Nah, I won't do that," Durant said of a potential visit Thursday, per Chris Haynes of ESPN. "I don't respect who's in office right now."

President Donald Trump has not yet extended a formal invitation to the reigning league champions, although it might not matter. Marcus Thompson and Tim Kawakami of The Athletic agree the team is not likely to go to the White House while Trump is president.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2728108-kevin-durant-says-he-wont-visit-white-house

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By Drew Harwell and David A. Fahrenthold August 17 at 1:33 PM 
Three fundraising giants decided to pull events from President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach on Thursday, signaling a direct blowback to his business empire from his comments on Charlottesville’s racial unrest.

The American Cancer Society, a high-dollar client at the club since at least 2009, cited its “values and commitment to diversity” in a statement on its decision to move an upcoming fundraising gala. Another longtime Mar-a-Lago customer, the Cleveland Clinic, abruptly changed course on its winter event only days after saying it planned to continue doing business at Mar-a-Lago, a leading venue for charitable events in the posh resort town.

The American Friends of Magen David Adom, which raises money for Israel’s equivalent of the Red Cross, also said it would not hold its 2018 gala at the club “after considerable deliberation,” though it did not give a reason. The charity had one of Mar-a-Lago’s biggest events last season, with about 600 people in attendance.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/cleveland-clinic-cancels-plans-for-gala-at-president-trumps-mar-a-lago/2017/08/17/a412f596-8369-11e7-b359-15a3617c767b_story.html?utm_term=.a4d6ed0f924e
5 Likes

I don’t know whether she coined the phrase, but none other than Michelle Obama has said that.

1 Like

Wake up, Tim! It may be hard to admit that you’ve been following a bunch of two-bit, tin-hat poltroons for all this time, but it’s now or never.

2 Likes

Many African-American actors and performers had to take demeaning and stereotypical roles in films and television in the past just to get a job to earn a living and to be able to practice their craft and display their talent to the public.
What’s your excuse, Tim?

4 Likes

Sic 'im, Trump. That’s how you “win.”

I am beyond disgust at the enablers of Trump (otherwise known as the Cabinet and top advisers). Particularly those who are black or Jewish and not in critical national security posts. I can see some rationale for Mattis and Tillerson to remain in order to quash any insane orders from the CiC. But Mnuchin and Cohn and Kushner and Carson you are all craven cowards. None of Trump’s policies are worth it and if you believe in them, all could be pursued by someone else more fit for the office. If anything, Trump will prove a barrier to getting those policies through Congress anyway, because Senators called names and bullied will be less inclined, not more, to do what Trump wants. Grow a pair and resign now!

3 Likes

The remaining members of a presidential arts and humanities panel are resigning on Friday in yet another sign of growing national protest of President Trump’s recent comments on the violence in Charlottesville.
snip
The commission was established by President Ronald Reagan in 1982.

2 Likes

Tim, you supported Trump up until now. You continue to support the Republican agenda. That says a lot more about you than it does about him.

2 Likes

Ouch! That’s gonna hurt. Trump is a UUUGGE supporter of the arts and humanities, as is his base.

1 Like

Trump cannot buy or sue for morals.
Therefor he has no morals.

1 Like

First lady Melania Trump serves as honorary chairwoman of the arts commission. She’ll have more time to focus on bullying.

1 Like

But he’s a wonderful humanitarian! Just as his 28 year old fluffer…er…new Communications Director Hope Hicks,

“President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.”

Yes, that’s a real quote from her.

3 Likes

I’m sure Kim Jong Un’s Communications Director says similar things about their boss.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available