Discussion: Trump Admin Again Blocks Immigrant Teens From Getting Abortions

The Trumpists believe that they are above the law and that they do not have to answer to the federal courts.

9 Likes

So the HHS agency’s lawyers say the agency refuses to facilitate abortions. So it these girls die in childbirth can their newborn sue the lawyers, Director, federal government for wrongful death?
If the intent is to send the pregnant teenagers back to their home countries and teens or their new born’s die then what moral leg do they have left to stand on?
If the teens give birth then those babies are now legal US citizens, is HHS planning on keeping the child if the mother gets deported? There could be some sick Handmaid’s tale story line with this, right Paul Ryan?

8 Likes

If the teens give birth then those babies are now legal US citizens, is HHS planning on keeping the child if the mother gets deported? There could be some sick Handmaid’s tale story line with this, right Paul
Ryan?

It’s the Trump Mandatory Anchor Baby Program - to create adoptable US citizens? More and more dystopian by the day.

5 Likes

The Trump administration says ACLU attorneys’ actions deprived administration lawyers of the chance to ask the Supreme Court to block the procedure, at least temporarily.

A temporary delay being until right after delivery of an unwanted child to a teen age mother who is incapable of providing even minimal support. The party of family values and personal freedom from government interference.

6 Likes

They could appoint a guardian ad litem for the baby who would argue that it’s best to “keep the family together” by deporting the baby along with the unwilling mother. And to keep the birth certificate in the US because it might be lost or stolen elsewhere.

Or they could just demand custody on the basis that illegal border crossing and attempting to terminate a pregnancy made someone an unfit parent.

But mostly I expect they will bundle women onto buses over the nearest border as soon as signs of labor develop.

5 Likes

And if you think it can’t get worse, just wait 24 hours.

8 Likes

But…it’s policy. We can’t have unelected judges making their own policy.

Only subjective interpretations of Bronze Age texts with unknown authors and uncertain translations has standing to create policy.

7 Likes

Everyone needs to hear about the US-based organization — Human Life International — said to have been involved in creating law in El Salvador resulting in women getting 30 year prison sentences for miscarriages. The Daily Dot

Why would a Virginia-based organization support this in El Salvador, and not want the same here?

5 Likes

This situation makes me so angry I could spit nails.

4 Likes

Oh dear , the Fake Admin is showing itself to be a bunch of Dicks .

3 Likes

I’d welcome that law here. It would destroy the political power of the anti-abortion crowd.

2 Likes

Now all these good Christian Republicans will allow child to be born and then not give a damn if they have medical coverage or die.

4 Likes

Is that the same Trump that complains about anchor babies?
Insane much?

3 Likes

Damned if you do. Damned if you dont. All brown immigrants are damned by trump.

2 Likes

Make Abortion Gone Again. This is infuriating. They are children who need medical care, are alone, probably terrified. Policy be damned.

OT. A friend just gave me her check for the bus fare to the March on 1/20. Perhaps we won’t be allowed to march because it is against “policy.”

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available