Discussion: Trump Admin Bans CDC From Using Words Like 'Science-Based,' 'Diversity'

Science is based on empirical evidence. It cares not a whit about ideology or political opinions. Banning certain words is chilling, ridiculous, and a disservice to Americans who depend on the CDC for objective information to keep their families safe.

34 Likes

The scientific community will refuse to comply. Period.

24 Likes

Trump would have been better off banning “f’n moron”, “idiot”, “dope” and “Intelligence of a kindergartener”.

Oh, and also “traitor”, “comrade”, “Russian stooge” and “Putin’s pet”.

26 Likes

Suggested substitutions will be the words and phrases “fatherland”, “dear leader”, “many people are saying”, “loyalty”, and “believe me”. New denials will be issued in about two weeks.

21 Likes

+1000

15 Likes

These are the times I miss the wit and wisdom of the late George Carlin. He would eviscerate this story in his own inimitable way.

15 Likes

It is the CDC -Centers for Disease Control and they are not allowed to use the term evidence based. So they are supposed to use some mumbojumbo phrases that have no real place in science. Good luck during the next epidemic.

And the banning the word fetus is completely ridiculous. What are researchers to call it, a teenaged embryo, baby in waiting?

15 Likes

This GOP bullshit has been going on since W was in office and trying to manage scientists is an old Russian trick and it makes me furious.

27 Likes

So would George Orwell.

I suppose Carlin would call them The Seven Words You Can Never Say In The CDC: entitlement, fetus, vulnerable, diversity, science-based, evidence-based, and transgender.

15 Likes

Always the unborn with these people, never a thought for the undead.

13 Likes

I am reading "Leonardo Da Vinci"by Walter Isaacson.
Da Vinci ,in 1490, was more advanced in science then any of the Trumptards.

10 Likes

CDC employees will comply or they will be replaced with Liberty University grads who will comply. Bad or worse, take your pick.

Personally I am starting to cheer on the awfulness because the backlash is coming and the more awful they are now, the more thoroughly they will be rooted out.

2 Likes

Thanks, Susan.

3 Likes

From Stalin to Trump: Lysenkoism to Lie-ism.

10 Likes

Your cheerful willingness that others suffer to achieve ends we might be able to reach by other means is noted.

10 Likes

I’d love to see a wholesale refusal and defiance of this unlawful order.

16 Likes

It was George Carlin homage, but when I read the Halftime Report at Fox News and dude is openly mocking 45 and the people who believe his nonsense it does give me hope.

1 Like

It needs work.

1 Like

Homo Erectus was more advanced in 2,000,000 BC than the Trumptards are today.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available