Discussion: Trump Admin Bans CDC From Using Words Like 'Science-Based,' 'Diversity'

These things are enforced by funding levels. Researchers are stuck having to write proposals to government agencies to do their work. In this months Science there is an article about how DOE is requesting the words “climate change” be removed from their proposals.

‘C.D.C. bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes.’

“And since most red states face an obesity crisis, and in accordance with community standards, 32’/s/s is hereby annulled for all Confederate areas.”

Not all damage is reversible.

They call that entity “pre-born”. gag.

Which is funny because that is the last thing Carlin would believe. Carlin wad clearly an atheist.

Thereby hangs a dog’s tail.

Oh! Me! Me! Call on me!
Thought police!

They sense a disturbance in the Force?

You forgot the fuckin fries. Super-size this!

1 Like

Sorry. No fries in a MAGA Meal.™

1 Like

Isn’t this just a little like living in North Korea ?

DT’s new CDC Director. It’s also disturbing that he said he’s “going to re-build the FBI”.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-15/trump-says-he-ll-rebuild-fbi-citing-anger-about-investigation

jgabriel Homo Erectus also a great song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EssQVjpRzf4

1 Like

From a November NYT article after the VA elections:

"In Washington State, Democrats won a special election to take control of the State Senate, establishing total Democratic dominance of government on the West Coast. Democrats took council seats in vote-rich Delaware County, Pa., in the Philadelphia suburbs, a perennial congressional battleground. Even in the Deep South, Georgia Democrats captured two State House seats where they previously had not even fielded candidates while snatching a State Senate seat in Buckhead, an upscale area of Atlanta. Chris Vance, a former chairman of the Washington State Republican Party, placed the blame squarely on Mr. Trump:

“Among college-educated suburbanites, he is a pariah.”

The current Republicans in Congress don’t give a shit, but the long-term damage that Trump and his fluffers in the GOP are doing to its prospects among the college-educated are catastrophic, just as they are with respect to minorities and women. If you poll the college-educated, you’ll find that those who do continue to support Trump or Republicans are basically the Fox News demographic: old and white.

Among young college-educated, support for Trump and the GOP is cratering. If you subtract out those whose degrees are from Bible colleges, the percentage of current students and recent college graduates of accredited public universities and private liberal arts colleges who support Republicans is even lower. The GOP is very far down the road of being a political party primarily for white nativist bigots and racists evangelicals and other conservative religious nuts without college degrees.

With apologies to Joan Didion, these people have made 2017 the Year of Magical Thinking. If you don’t want collusion, you keep repeating, “there was no collusion” in order to make it so. If you disapprove of transgenderism, science or other inconvenient concepts, you just ban the words that describe them and they will disappear. This isn’t Orwell, this is just plain ridiculous.

I am so stealing this…

1 Like

Feel free. There’s a whole series of them. Here are a couple more.

Doesn’t look like it’s part of the same series, but I like this one, too.

1 Like

a vaginal alien with human tendencies

Just ignore him like “his generals” do. Keep on doing the right thing and give him the middle finger salute. I know President Traitor Tot has only the best words because he’s the smartest guy to ever exist but he serves at our pleasure and he’s not in charge of words. Fuck off Trump, you ignorant horse’s ass. Apologies to horses everywhere.

Amazing! Are they taking policy literally word for word from 1984?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available