Discussion: Trump Admin Bans CDC From Using Words Like 'Science-Based,' 'Diversity'

You mean there was no Deep Fat?

6 Likes

Unfortunately you can tell employees though, as we often point out ourselves. And I don’t think we need to overthink this. Someone—Pence, maybe, or someone of like mind—thinks science and “community standards and wishes” are of equal importance and the latter aren’t to be slighted. Abortions have no deleterious effect on the woman? Nope—the “community” of you-know-whos thinks otherwise and is not to be upset by being told otherwise. What you believe is equivalent to peer-reviewed research.

12 Likes

unless the judge is a Trump appointee.

3 Likes

But @mattinpa we are talking about civil servants I thought and you can’t just fire them for no reason and if saying the wrong word is cause I would like to see that go to court.

2 Likes

FIFY.

6 Likes

Peer-reviewed research will be the next phrase added to the list of the banned.

5 Likes

I’d like to see it go to court too; I’m just saying it’s not a pure censorship question. Certainly we’ve seen more and more stringent restrictions, at least seemingly, on what government researchers are allowed to study and what they’re allowed to say. Not sure about the history or the legal standards on it but I guess we’re going to find out.

3 Likes

Orwell predicted this. Also, in another book, the ascension of a pig to the top of the political heap. Deplorable.

6 Likes

We have with every GOP administration yes. But I would very much like to have a court weigh in on this. The government is not the same kind of employer that the private sector is - these are basically public servants. They work for us.

4 Likes

Plus which you can’t even do science if you put politically based restrictions on what to study and how the results can be described, and you prioritize beliefs at least equally with empirical research. But I’m sure they can roll out lawyers to argue some halfway plausible sounding rationale for this. Or not? Who even knows these days what they’ll do and say? Not me. :hushed:

4 Likes
        Trump Admin Bans CDC From Using Words

I notice words like ’ p*ssy ’ 
aren’t among them –

If the donny says it 
 it can’t be banned 
 right ? ? 

4 Likes

Nicotine, good for oral health!

12 Likes

So some terminations are OK?

A migrant? Or more specifically an immigrant=a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country. A fetus is leaving the womb, the only country it has known for nine months to get to a foreign country where it will fed, clothed, housed, and then educated, most likely on the tax payer’s dime.

2 Likes

I would rather eviscerate its promulgators.

4 Likes

Violators will be forced to watch looped WH pressers featuring Ma Hamhock assaulting the English.language and logic.

First they came for the scientists but make no mistake about it: we’re next.

2 Likes

Fearing evangelicals, Trump undercuts science.

2 Likes

Oh. You don’t mean zombies. Took me a second.

2 Likes

I keep hoping that. But way too many democrats have a spirit of forgiveness.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available