Discussion: Trump Cites Harvard Prof Dershowitz To Complain About Mueller Again

1 Like

Canā€™t be said enough: Fuck Dershowitz.

34 Likes

Trumpā€™s veiled pushback against the special counselā€¦

Veiled?
19 Likes

Does Alan have tenure?
Just asking.

1 Like

Firing Comey and then announcing to the Russian Ambassador it was because of the Russia investigation is plenty of"Probable Cause", Both of them must be on drugs

25 Likes

Iā€™m beginning to think the president might be preoccupied with something.

23 Likes

Trump is not acting as an innocent man. He has not yet been proven guilty of anything but narcissism, shallowness, crassness, dishonesty, pettiness, bullying, and fear of his personal digressions being found out. Should be enough to disqualify him from holding any political office let alone the Presidency.

His default behavioral tendencies and ill-conceived policies could by themselves dangerously weaken our country even without any misbehavior related to Russia. However, his behavior, to even a disinterested casual observer, suggests underlying criminality, even treason itself. If Russians helped put a crime family in our Oval Office, we could be destroyed. And Trump certainly acts as if he is Putinā€™s yoyo.

We must find out.

20 Likes

Keep at it, Donny. Ever more evidence of the corrupt intent element of obstruction of justice.

7 Likes

Trump Cites Harvard Prof Doucheowitzā€¦

Fixed

12 Likes

Donā€™t forget telling Lester Holt in a nationally televised interview that he fired Comey because of the Russia investigations.

24 Likes

ā€˜Democratic Harvard professorā€™ā€¦cā€™mon media. Quit helping Trump with his BS. Dershowitz hasnā€™t been a Democrat since Trump arrived on the scene.

23 Likes

People undecided about what decision to make over something vexing them seek out validation from others as a first step. Trump is building a case in his mind using the thoughts and recommendations of others. Additionally, Trump prefers to have fall guys he can blame mistakes on. Essentially, ā€œHey, he told me to do it, talk to him about this mess!!ā€
We donā€™t know how long the list of people telling him to fire Mueller needs to be before he pulls the trigger, but there is certainly a number, a tipping point, when that list is sufficient in Trumpā€™s mind to act.

The clock is ticking.

8 Likes

[Trump:] So stated by Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz.

Iā€™m pretty sure Trump does not want to take a poll of Harvard Law professors on this question.

Emeritus.

2 Likes
43 Likes

Itā€™s not about his party affiliation; itā€™s more that heā€™s grateful for some of Trumpā€™s actions, mostly but not entirely related to Israel.

[quote=ā€œlosamigos, post:14, topic:69878ā€]
Ted Lieu (tedlieu): Dear @AlanDersh: I have attended classified briefings & reviewed classified materials. There is no other way to say this: You have no idea what you are talking about.[/quote]

Thatā€™s right.

16 Likes

Whether there was probable cause regarding collusion with Russia may be debatable, though the weight falls heavily on the ā€œyesā€ side. The same might be true about Comeyā€™s firing on the day it happened. But when a man goes on national TV the next day and says, ā€œI fired him because he was investigating me about Russiaā€, anyone who doubts probable cause for obstruction of justice should return their law degree and slink off into the sunsetā€¦

11 Likes

Thatā€™s the sort of crap you spout when youā€™re angling for a job in the administration. Trump loves sycophants. The quickest route in is to stroke his frail ego and back up his idiotic beliefs and preconceptions.

6 Likes

I hate that he puts me in the position of making the accusation, but yeah, heā€™s an ā€œIsrael, right or wrongā€ kind of guy and he totally loves Trumpā€™s pandering to Israel, especially the crap about making Jerusalem the capital. Also seem to me that he somewhat lost his mind on 9-11, heā€™s definitely lost his legal fastball, heā€™s always been a media whore and heā€™s very very entrenched in defense-minded analysisā€¦probably more and more so as his brain ages and loses plasticity.

14 Likes

I was opposed to the selection of Mueller to be Special Council.

Heā€™s not Special ā€œCouncil,ā€ Trump. Youā€™re going to learn that ignorance isnā€™t bliss.

10 Likes

Dershowitz has a huge bias: Israel. Whatever he might believe it can be twisted if Israel is tangentially involved. And since Trump is now Israel BFF, there is no contradiction to his principles big enough to remotely oppose him. Same thing with torture, Dershowitz was OK with torture as long as the enemies of Israel are the ones suffering. And all muslims are Israels enemies.

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available