Discussion: Trump Defends Congratulating Putin: 'Getting Along ... Is A Good Thing'

NATO. Article 5. Collective Defense.

I remember, when …

Yes, getting along with people that you need to work with is a good thing. Why don’t you try that with Congress, the Senate, Democrats, our allies in Europe, Mexico, Canada, Australia or anyone else on the planet?

Why is it only dictators you like to get along with?

1 Like

Perfect analogy. Thank you.

2 Likes

…They can help solve problems with North Korea, Syria, Ukraine, ISIS, Iran and even the coming Arms Race.

1). North Korea: Russia has been laying footsie with North Korea supplying technology which has advanced their nuclear program and allowing them to sell stuff to Syria.

2). Russia props up Assad.

3). Ukraine. Russia most probably corrupted Ukraine’s election via Manafort and invaded after the Ukrainians revolted.

4). Putin is an even better recruiting poster for ISIS than Trump.

5). Just how much help does Trump actually want with Iran?

6). Yep. Bet is going to be real hard for Russia to control its urge start and Arms race.

And here’s our President: won’t it be great if Putin stops hitting us.

Some help.

Yes, Obama congratulated Putin in 2012. At that time, we could still do business with Putin. By late 2013, it was obvious that things were changing. The attack on Crimea in early 2014 immediately put everything on a different footing. Finding out that the Ukrainian president (the guy Manafort was working for) had become a Russian stooge did not improve matters. Somebody could write a lengthy article on the changes in Russia from 2012 to early 2015. Another issue was Putin’s growing interest in pursuing even more oil wealth while ignoring global warming.

4 Likes

Seeing a whole new Martha Stewart side of Donnie

Hopefully the side that goes to prison :laughing:

3 Likes

Trumpita: Little Brains and No Talent, with an emphasis on the former.

Throughout my entire life the President was known as “leader of the free word”…obviously this is no longer the case…

2 Likes

So why can’t Trump get along with anyone besides his Russian banker and blackmailer?

1 Like

Or Canada. Or Japan. Or California.

1 Like

A rotten peach.

1 Like

That’s completely different. Only 20% of Venezuelans are white.

3 Likes

Whenever ellipses connect multiple tweets, it seems a given that someone else has written them for him.

1 Like

Well not to shout it would be a dereliction of your duty to the nation.

1 Like

My family’s in Australia, my wife’s family is in Quebec and my brother just got back from a trip to Asia, can confirm - we’re a laughingstock right now (although we’re also making the Canadians pretty nervous, as they’re closest to us - I suspect we’re seen more like the drunken neighbor out in his back yard, screaming at the moon and waving a shotgun right now… :frowning: )

2 Likes

I’ve traveled a lot in Canada and always had a few like-you’re-so-perfect rhetorical grenades to lovingly lob at our neighbors to the north. But now, jeeze, I give up. We made Rob Ford president. Might as well acknowledge to Prime Minister Poutine that they win forever and a half.

1 Like

It’s all projection with this POS. If you look at what he said during the campaign and what he actually does, you will see time and again the the personal qualities that he claimed to have are what he lacks.

“America First”
“I’m a great negotiator”
“Puppet, no puppet, You’re the puppet.”

The list goes on and on.

The one thing that is consistent is his fanboi affection for dictators, beginning with Putin. But that alone doesn’t explain his pathetic subservience to Putin. Clearly there’s something massive that Putin has on him.

1 Like

So what’s stopping Trump from dropping to his knees to give Putin an old fashioned head job?

Yeah the info in that article from daily kos was pulled from the Scientific American story.

All talk, duck and run, kind?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available